advertisement

LP12 mat -- any color you like so long as it's black?

joe9407

actress/activist
Hello all,

Dumb thread alert -- but I got tired of looking at my black LP12 mat, which faded in the sun to a kind of purplish hue. I bought a white Rega P9/10 mat as an alternative, but despite what the internets have to say, it's WAY thinner than the Linn mat. I dig the look, tho.

So, my question to you: did Linn ever make LP12 mats in different colors?

Thanks!
Joe

78Ec5ZG.jpg

To be honest though, once the record is on the platter, you can't see the colour of the mat anyhow.

Rega produce two mat variants, a super thin version designed for the ceramic platters and the thicker versions for the other decks. The latter should be very close to a Linn mat and come in different colours.

Quite hideous (IMO) - particularly the label (and acrylic, rather than felt).

To each their own - wouldn’t suit our décor anyway. Looks too small too. Didn’t realise it was acrylic though.

EDIT: Sorry, corrected by scotty38 - didn't realise you were talking about Vinyl Passion ones, which are, erm, 'interesting'... :-o

Last edited:
Why on earth would anyone want a red platter mat?
I had one on a black Rega P5, along with lots of red furnishings in the room, looked great!

If anyone wants a coloured felt mat on an LP12, Rega make a variety of colours, the mats are decent quality.

Rega produce two mat variants, a super thin version designed for the ceramic platters and the thicker versions for the other decks. The latter should be very close to a Linn mat and come in different colours.
Three even, there is a thinner mat used on the RP1/P1, it’s pretty horrible so I put the one off my P5 on my RP1 (I have an Origin Live mat on my P5 which suits very nicely).

advertisement

Back