advertisement

LP12 Marital Crisis

Have you had an affair yet or is this just a mid-life crisis gan-on?

If you're going to start showering her with diamonds and glitter, make sure she’s not going to find out what you've done to come to this conclusion otherwise she might be the one giving you the shower, (think golden). And you'll be in something that only rhymes with glitter :). IMHO, it’s worth taking the other lady out for dinner, at least once. And if there’s a spark then you owe it to all three of you to offer a ménage at-toi...

Getting a bit nervous about all the inuendo, but I have arranged to try out a younger model.

muzzer, are you sure a deck upgrade would be a better start than the arm? The arm rewire is certainly the cheapest place to start, which is appealing to me.

I have been contemplating an arm rewire myself I expect it to dig a bit more detail out of the grooves probably an icing on the cake exercise( but would an Ekos be better still:confused:)
My lp12 started as a pretty std slightly neglected Valhalla, first I had it serviced/set up, then I replaced the Valhalla psu with an Armageddon clone and finally a Sole sub-chassis/armboard.
I contemplated a Cirkus but decided against it as I think there are more gains to be had elsewhere for the money.

If your turntable marriage is becoming a bit stale and you're looking for something to bring back a little bit of a spark I can highly recommend seeking out a Pink Triangle.

I'll get me coat.

Jonathan

Getting a bit nervous about all the inuendo, but I have arranged to try out a younger model.

muzzer, are you sure a deck upgrade would be a better start than the arm? The arm rewire is certainly the cheapest place to start, which is appealing to me.

Have you spoken to Derek yet.

I'm sure an upgrade would be cheaper than getting a new deck. And an upgrade to a current spec deck (cirkus, corner brace, 4 stud top plate) would be cheaper than getting a new deck, and have the same result.

I've not done an arm rewire, though have a silver T.Kable and it revealed lots more information. However rewiring isn't going to fix the bass bloom, it is just going to reveal more of the bass bloom that is already there.

advertisement

Back