advertisement

LP12 dust cover lid bump stops

Does the lid even need the bump stops?

My second LP12 is missing them and so far it has not marked the plinth. Rega lids do not have bump stops on them. Provided the face of the lid is smooth enough, which is easy to achieve if it's not, I'm not convinced they are necessary.

The Linn wee black bumps don't last and mark the plinth so I glue around them 3x6 o rings. My simpler solution is to keep the LP12 without dust cover.

You can get round rubber lengths from ebay very cheaply - choose the diameter and cut to length/glue in.
Can't think why I've never thought of this o_O:oops: Years without lid just to stop damage & a dusty deck (mainly because of very little use these days) :(

I'm not sure what happened. I guess with age I've become a little less fussy & a little less bothered :eek:. Streaming seems to have taken over & my Hi-Fi gear isn't that geared up to this so it's car/PC & headphones! But shock horror, I'm not sure what came over me I bought a cartridge for my deck a couple of days ago for something that hardly gets a spin anymore :( I think I'm slowly going mad.......

The tiny rubber bumpers in the corners at the front of my lid have worn down to flat stubs. Anyone have a simple DIY fix?
I just cut a couple small strips of Velcro that has a backed adhesive and wrapped them around the edge where the pips were. They’ve been on there for decades.

5 different sizes in this 214 pack of clear stick-on blobby things for £6 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C6J7RNM/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

On my turntable that I have a hingeless aftermarket perspex cover for I used a few strips cut out from the leftover material that surrounded the large sticky pad things that sit between my speakers and stands. Free, makes me feel good about using some leftover stuff that I couldn't throw away because I knew it'd be useful for something, and most importantly stops the cover sliding off the plinth.

i just got these. Thanks for the tip: they work well.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back