advertisement

LP12 ARO Epona

Jonathan Ribee

Unavailable at present
  • Pre-Cirkus Linn LP12 with Naim Aro and Epona PS
  • Bids by closing 8th January
  • Donation to Markus Sauer cancer charity that is a sticky in this room.
  • Plus postage on the three boxes at cost
  • Can be collected from Manchester M5

IMGP1502.JPG par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

• Last used in anger Feb 2009 and boxed since
  • LP12 is boxed (not original)
  • ARO has no original box or tools, but has all weights etc inc. heavier counterweight
  • Comes with Epona PS (our own Claire's handiwork) which is like an Armageddon (33 only) but even more tank like - v heavy transformer
  • Has cut out for lid prop, but now has modern hinges on lid
  • Comes with an additional pre-cirkus bearing in Linn box (used)

IMGP1455.JPG par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

IMGP1506.JPG par Jonathan Ribee, on ipernity

Any questions - PM me.

I'm in for £1k

PS Amazing thread Jonathan; I hope it makes at least its proper value for Cancer Research.

Thanks guys.

As it stands now, I could deliver via 911, buy records, listen to horns, and get the skinny on Manchester record shops. Maybe also say hi to the cat.

PS I really, really miss Markus. We chatted. If he were a white wine he would be very, very dry. So dry it sometimes took me two days to figure out every nuance of quite what he just said. In a second language.

Likewise. I never actually met him, but he was an essential part of this place and also my ability to run it. Someone who not only knew way, way more about audio than I ever will, but a very level head when it came to moderation etc. Damn funny too.

PS I really miss Cliff too.

Really nice gesture Jonathan. I don't need another turntable, but in the spirit of encouraging higher bids I'll go £1,100

Fantastic auctions - I hope you raise a pile of cash for the charities.

Just a thought - I suspect the main classifieds section gets a lot more traffic than the charity room. Perhaps Tony could put a temporary sticky in the classifieds making people aware of these. I know it's not the normal way of doing things but these are rather special.

Congratulation - you get to try an Aro.

Get in touch and we'll sort out how best to get you your pile of boxes!

Collected today, thanks Johnathan for the hospitality.

I've donated directly to Cancer Research in Marcus' name as I believe Just giving take a cut, every penny counts.

Mark

advertisement

Back