advertisement

LP12 21st Birthday upgrade plan

I'd go after market subchassis - I went with the Sole; it was the best upgrade I have made to my 70s LP12 sound wise, and does not cost a huge amount comparatively speaking.

Richard

I'd go after market subchassis - I went with the Sole; it was the best upgrade I have made to my 70s LP12 sound wise, and does not cost a huge amount comparatively speaking.

Richard

I think it might be different for me, since I've got a 1990 deck and the upgrade might not be so significant.

Maybe you can PM Andrew and see if he's willing to sell his Ittok as he's about to get an Aro.

Although it is actually at my house...........under a bed.........

waiting for a chassis for me to bolt it to..............

Actually Theaudiofiles has an Ittok waiting for me. Shame its not an VIII or an Ekos. (Here I am coveting already).

So what about these Troikas then? Why? Is there no alternative?

Actually Theaudiofiles has an Ittok waiting for me. Shame its not an VIII or an Ekos. (Here I am coveting already).

So what about these Troikas then? Why? Is there no alternative?

Simon at Theaudiofiles has a Sole Mk V you could possibly listen to.

John R

I saw that, but 'fast, precise and detailed' is not really what I go for. If it makes it any clearer my most recent audio revelation has been the beautiful midrange of the Harbeth SHL5's. And I prefer that a good deal over the detailed monitor clarity that some other Harbeth speakers like the M30's have. So warmth, timbral richness, depth of voicing, along with clarity of sound-staging, is what I look for.

Otherwise I can only describe what I'm looking for in whisky analogues. Presently my deck is, at best, like one of those 10 year old Lagavulins they used to release occasionally at a significantly cheaper price. I'm looking for an upgrade to a 16 year old.

Ok, I've read the 'differences between Karma and Troika' thread now, so I see can why you suggest the Karma.

Otherwise, its just so many more opinions and nothing adds up. I could just throw some coins and let the I CHING decide.

Drop member hp1 a pm, I think he has a couple of Karma's at home, he may be willing to sell one.
My take on upgrading, Ittok+Karma and a good setup first, then look at the power supply a Lingo2, Geddon or clone should do nicely.
My LP12 was a similar spec to yours when I got it a year ago, it now has Ittok/Troika and Geddon clone.

That's quite a nice wall shelf for your 'lesser' turntable, Alan. I'm actually looking for one to get the deck away from my toddler. Is it easy to fit securely?

Yes its easy to fit as long as you have a good soid wall to fix it to, its just 4 meaty wall plugs
The wall shelf is from custom design and is excellent quality.
http://customdesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=180
http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index....ctId=4715&md=1dd50fb4fb0cf9837a1c56fd02c0c54a

This was an upgrade in itself for me as my rack was very sensitive to footfall.
Alan

Elephant ears,

Please keep us posted with what you do and how happy you are with it.

What's the difference between an African Elephant and an Indian Elephant?

They live in different countries.

advertisement

Back