advertisement

Low cost psu for NAC 32?

I think that I'll have to settle for 2 for now.
Don't worry, that's not much of a compromise! Just take care with the detail of implementation and you'll be 99% of the way there.

I'd use one reg per channel and then 'star'-off from the cards output pin for each supply line you need within that channel. MInimum crosstalk, minimum impedance, done.

Hey, this is the Classic room!

Posters will do well to remember that this place is the reserve of those who'd rather look at the history of audiodom through rose tinted glasses, rather than that of those who'd rather reinvent the wheel.

Where the hell are the mods anyway?

Where the hell are the mods anyway?

erm.. here? (yes it is a sort of diy & classic thread, 32 is classic I think; I had expected it to get moved to diy section). This pic maybe helpful to better show the space available in a 32 type preamp for superreg additions- ie not alot:

Picture443.jpg

That's a really nice implementation of the Xmas mod, Captain. Good job :)

How did you fix the superregs to the main board? Drill, screws and stand-offs?

Cheers Carl, this was at its neatest- different now, ie the xmas mod for anything but the gain's feedback caps gave me zero extra, so the buffers' caps etc are as normal. Ive also carefully sent all the extra 0v's to within 3mm max of the main star- any difference to this above way of nicking the unused 326 pins going to ground? nope, zilch! The Sregs' standoffs are just Araldited- I couldn't be arsed taking board out and drilling. Its also got my diy 729s in too now, which is nice.

Hi Captain.

I have some ALWSR's ready to go in my 72 which has 821, 323 and relay boards in only. I was'nt looking forward to resoldering the star earth and so was considering using the redundant earth returns from 729, 324 and the balance pot which is also removed.

Am i right in saying that you have'nt noticed any loss in performance from doing this in comparison to running wires to within 3mm of the star point?

If not i will go ahead and this will save alot of hassle and having to buy a bigger soldering iron!

cheers stu

yes- I didn't notice any discernable difference having spent bloody ages taking board out, drilling 6x 1mm holes as near as dammit to the naim star! previously I cleverly unsoldered the 326/ 328 pins' grey signal wires to their gnd pins and just shoved about 3x 0vs on each- now I didn't hear any difference between the two methods- but i dont have £2k speakers mind you. cheers Captain

advertisement

Back