advertisement

Low cost ,high quality sound speakers for time being

At the Pacific Audio Fest in Seattle I recently heard the mind-blowing Vanatoo speakers. Something like $599/pair. Powered. Bluetooth capable. Tiny. Two experienced audiophiles that were with me were also amazed at these diminutive things and thought they'd be a bargain at three times the price. I plan to buy a pair for the living room (which is currently a no-hifi zone).

Any more sugestions?
Just thinking what people experiences with elac vela speakers?
Q acoustics concept 300 looks interesting

Sadly not since I’ve not heard Devialet much as I would like to. Since they are a stop gap, definitely second hand.

Unfortunately, I’ve lent my pricier standmounts but you are welcome to borrow some Q Acoustics 3020s that would be a highly amusing and possibly revelatory match. From memory, I think Gromit used them with an expensive front end at a show and people were amazed.

Sadly not since I’ve not heard Devialet much as I would like to. Since they are a stop gap, definitely second hand.

Unfortunately, I’ve lent my pricier standmounts but you are welcome to borrow some Q Acoustics 3020s that would be a highly amusing and possibly revelatory match. From memory, I think Gromit used them with an expensive front end at a show and people were amazed.
Thanks .
It looks like the best value performance ratio is in q acoustics speakers as they are repeatedly recommended by people.

What do you think about concept 300 ?
Would they be a worthy contender to focal sopra 1 or diablo utopia lll ?

In a room that size, and at that budget, I'd be looking at some really nice small standmounts. Harbeth P3 ESR would probably be my first call, 11 ohm LS3/5AS might well sing in that room, too. ATCs if I was more of a headbanger. Although, there are literally hundreds of options that would sound great.

I suspect your amplifier will have no difficulty getting the most out of any of the above.

I suspect you will be surprised at how listenable the Q acoustics speakers are, but they lack the sparkle and accuracy of the Harbeths, the imaging magic of the ls3/5as and the refinement and SPLs of the ATCS.

It's the only Q Acoustics speaker I've heard. Not a fan of Focal. All fox....'s above a great idea if you can do it in budget. How long will you be using these speakers before 'the ones'?

An alternative, if the Devialet can be configured, would be to use it's preamp section and get active speakers - Genelec and Acoustic Energy AE1s spring to mind

It's the only Q Acoustics speaker I've heard. Not a fan of Focal. All fox....'s above a great idea if you can do it in budget. How long will you be using these speakers before 'the ones'?

An alternative, if the Devialet can be configured, would be to use it's preamp section and get active speakers - Genelec and Acoustic Energy AE1s spring to mind
How does the concept 20 compare to The 3020i ?
Is the Concept 20 a better speaker ?

I’m sorry, I have no idea. Just researched cheap desktop speakers for a daughter and was surprised how good the Q 3020s are.

That’s the extent of my Q Acoustics knowledge. I’ve read a few positive reviews of their more expensive offerings but instinct tells me I’d want a very careful home audition. I don’t like complex, fancy, multi-way designs much any more.

I’m sorry, I have no idea. Just researched cheap desktop speakers for a daughter and was surprised how good the Q 3020s are.

That’s the extent of my Q Acoustics knowledge. I’ve read a few positive reviews of their more expensive offerings but instinct tells me I’d want a very careful home audition. I don’t like complex, fancy, multi-way designs much any more.
Ok.
Thanks for your input so far.

At your price range,
Dynaudio(neutral to warmer)
Proac(neutral to brighter, lean bass)
Harbeth(warmer, fuller and looser bass)

Not sure how they will match with your Devialet 1000 Pro though.

Be hard pressed to get decent harbeth for 1k

advertisement

Back