advertisement

Love Island, harmless fun or dangerous trend

These style of programmes succeed for broadcasters as they are low cost, low brow, easy to make in lockdown.
If I see one more bloody programme with the word ‘celebrity’ in it will scream. It’s usually the same half dozen crap comics rotated from show to show.
Comics? Sarky, camp, nobodies, in a race to mediocrity.
I find it odd that the general MO of these programmes is to take a dozen or so strangers, put them together in an artificial location festooned with microphones and cameras, and call it ‘reality’.

Why watch programmes with the word celebrity in the title if you don’t like “celebrities”?

Yeah, sorry deej, you're now an AT. About Thirty, and the marketing demographic bods have a neat little box for you. No longer young, but not a washed up old git like me who only spends money on bicycles and pension scheme s.
Nobbut a young un yerself.
I’m spending my pension schemes.

Don’t watch celeb love ins, most tv I watch is films, news, and sports which I watch with sound down and hifi on.
Don’t have cable but splashed out on Netflix, which seems to be wall to wall science fiction and superhero fantasy.
B movies are now the A list money earners.

Joe's handy hint for today: avoid any TV programme the title of which includes the presenter's name. There are no exceptions to this golden rule.

Don’t watch celeb love ins, most tv I watch is films, news, and sports which I watch with sound down and hifi on.
Don’t have cable but splashed out on Netflix, which seems to be wall to wall science fiction and superhero fantasy.
B movies are now the A list money earners.

On Netflix try the tv series The Kominsky Method, series 1-3 or Lupin, series 1-2.
Neither are SF or superhero fantasy.

advertisement

Back