advertisement

Loupedeck

JemHayward

pfm Member
Found this at The Photography Show, yesterday. Didn't know it existed, and a bit too much money for an 'experimental' purchase, but a fascinating concept, and if I didn't do most of my editing on my laptop on my knee, I'd possibly put it on my xmas list.

https://loupedeck.com/

Has anyone got any 'hands on' experience?

Indeed, the website is a bit OTT. Basically it's a console that allows you to control a large number (but by no means all) the sliders and options in Lightroom (only Lightroom, it's not a universal tool) using knobs and buttons, rather than clicking and dragging with a mouse etc. It looks good, and feels nice to use, but it's one of those things that you could buy, full of enthusiasm, and then find you don't use in the long term. I have a few of those already! The show price was £179, but best internet price seems to be £199 - If I was doing this professionally and editing a load of images in one go, I'd seriously consider one, but most of my Lightroom work is on my laptop on my knee when listening to music, rather than in front of my big screen in the office, so I suspect I could spend them money better elsewhere.

It looks really cool. There are many very similar controllers for music software, it looks very similar to something one would use with ProTools, Logic Audio etc. I bet serious photo editors would love it assuming it works well.

A hardware device is difficult to upgrade if a new control feature is added to Lightroom.

I thought that the mouse was the ultimate interface access device, I think I prefer the mouse to the pad.

advertisement

Back