advertisement

louis armstrong

zener

fluff
carrying on from the jazz train thread , what Louis Armstrong Vinyl LP would you lot recommend , I'm not into compilations by the way. :cool:

I've got 2 - one with Ella Fitzgerald, the other with Oscar Peterson. Both are great fun!

Cheers

Rich

Wow he beats cancer, wins 7 Tours de France and releases multiple critically acclaimed best selling jazz albums, is there anything that man can't do?

Oops - they are really obvious actually. Something like "Ella And Louis" and "Louis Armstrong Meets Oscar Peterson". Mine are nice old 50's HMV's - can be picked up at 2nd hand shops etc for under a tenner. I'm sure they must be available on CD as well.

Cheers

Rich

blimey has Lance taken up Jazz , must be Miss Crows influence , he did say he would help her string a few guitars but I didnt realise he'd go that far :D

sorry but thats a CD , cant really play that on my Linn , I did ask for Vinyl LP :confused: and I said no compilations , cant you lot read :D

You can get them on vinyl too, or on 78s if you want to be really authentic (the recordings were made in the 1920s), but the CD box collects all of them. This is a case where hearing the music is much more important than worrying about the format. The Hot Fives and Hot Sevens are Armstrong's best recordings, and his most important contribution to music. Who cares if the easiest way to hear them is to buy compilation CDs?

-- Ian

advertisement

Back