advertisement

Loudspeakers for Exposure 3510

tadgh

pfm Member
Right; here we go.....Currently using the EXP 3510 with Wharefdale 12.2 which in my opinion are great for the price, also a Klipsch sub. I tried the super Dentons with MF A1, and thought a laid back sound, and I think that this is due to a dip in the mid rage?? A few years ago I tried the Linton heritage, same, laid back.
Of course the EXP is a different amp all together, but in comparison to the MF there is more detail.
With loudspeaker manufacturers these days; I think that there appears to be more emphasis on excessive treble (hot tweeter), and I really do not know why, perhaps the kids like this.
Strange but I am not a great fan of actual monitor loudspeakers as they seem to loose out on EUPHONY....perhaps colouration. Then again I grew up in the 1970s...

Can anyone suggest suitable mid priced stand mount loudspeakers that can be a good match for the exposure, also be very interested to hear an opinion on the Wharfedlae 80th anniversary.

I tried the Linton heritage, same, laid back.
You really need to go out and listen yourself.

Wharfedale are pure Chinese made these days and their performance is mediocre at best, slow basnotes, veiled voices - not for me.
I'd look at British made loudspeakers such as Rega, Royd, Neat, Kudos, Naim, Stirling, Falcon, and s/h you have a much wider choice.

Gosh.
Yes, go and listen to a few speakers. The amp will drive almost anything but if you’re finding all modern speakers a bit bright, is that just in your system, or other ones too?

I've got a pair of proac tablette 50's or harbeth hl-p3's, the later might be a bit too small for what you are after. I saw you were eyeing up the Kef 101.3's, having had the 103/4's, I believe the uni q is an inferior driver to the proac set-up.

advertisement

Back