advertisement

Lost Roksan Nima cartridge alignment protractor. Will a Rega Baerwald or Stevenson do?

Colonel_Mad

pfm Member
As per the subject.

I've lost my Roksan Nima instruction manual that I kept the original alignment protractor in. Grrr!

I have Rega Baerwald and Rega Stevenson protractors for 222mm mounting distance arms here though.

Anyone know if either of those would be suitable for a Nima? Thanks for any help. I know nothing about these things.

I thought the Nima arm matched Rega geometry, so basically anything suitable for a Rega arm works correctly for a Nima.

According to Roksan, you should have the tip of the cartridge flush with the front of the headshell.
This is a rough alignment but generally works fine.

According to Roksan, you should have the tip of the cartridge flush with the front of the headshell.
This is a rough alignment but generally works fine.
Which is all well and good until you realise the stylus is 7mm further back from the cartridge face.

You're in luck, I found it easily! If you want to drop me a PM with your address I'll pop it in the post to you. All being well you should get it in the morning :)

the tip is obviously on the stylus, what does the cartridge face have to do with it?
You said cartridge. It might be quite difficult to have the stylus level with the front of the tonearm, dependent on where the stylus is in the cartridge.

advertisement

Back