advertisement

Looking for Naim Aro bias hanger

agentsmith

pfm Member
Does anyone have spare antiskate bias hanger for the Aro that I can buy off from?

I am also interested in any Aro spare parts.

Thanks in advance

The bias weights are like hens' teeth - never say never, but many people improvise or make one. As rather few cart's need one, I suspect that the weights got seperated from the arms, and then "mislaid".

The only spares that I recall appearing have been the equally rare spare arm wands, and very occasionally incomplete arms have appeared on the Bay where somebody seems to have found/inherited/whatever, a deck and has presumably thrown away one part or another as they had no idea what they had.

Good luck.

Apologies - misread - bias, not VTA, which is what I had in mind.

Last edited:
I found these on eBay & bought one as a spare Naim Aro Tonearm Bias Weight. As for the hanger itself, it's basically just a bent bit of wire, easily fabricated. Similarly the finger lift too. Cymbiosis stocks the Audio Origami Naim ARO Arm Rest and may also have some other parts no listed. Naim may still have some parts too, though they will be expensive.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I bought an arm base from Naim, which I believe was the last one, and a bias weight; initially they said they had none, but subsequently came back and said that they had found some. I bought one and it cost £40; I bought it via Cymbiosis and they said that they were going to buy the remaining stock, though they don't appear on their site. I've been lucky, because I found an Aro arm top at one of the Audiojumbles and I managed to get all of the missing parts. I can't imagine that Naim have much left of the way of Aro spares in all honesty.

Regarding the finger lift, you used to be able to buy SME style blanks on eBay. These were flat and had to be bent into shape. This was easy in my case, because I already had an Aro, and so could use the original as a pattern.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. I should be able to get all the parts except for the bias hanger. I guess someone with the handy skill can sculpt one out of a strip of metal.

It's the wire hanger the OP asked about?

It really is just a bit of bent wire...and easy enough to reproduce out of 1mm stainless wire, even from just a picture on the internet...there is NOTHING special about it

While I was experiencing with my bias.,.I made a copy out of a paper clip to save bending my original all over the place...it worked fine

It's the wire hanger the OP asked about?

It really is just a bit of bent wire...and easy enough to reproduce out of 1mm stainless wire, even from just a picture on the internet...there is NOTHING special about it

While I was experiencing with my bias.,.I made a copy out of a paper clip to save bending my original all over the place...it worked fine

Thanks paper clip sounds like a good idea. May just try that.

advertisement

Back