advertisement

London Canjam 2023

lawrence001

Basic Member
I'm hoping to go tomorrow as long as you can still buy the tickets in the morning before I set off.

Anyone else going?

I went yesterday but that I think will be my last time as it seems so difficult to get a seating position behind a pair of headphones. Being such a personalized experience one would think the set-ups would be in a more catered for manner. During my day I managed to listen to 4 or 5 headphones/systems & pop into one seminar. I'm not interested in the in ear phones so I skipped past all of those stands.

Well I didn't make it in the end. The family were going to a splash and play park and I knew I'd regret not spending the day having fun with the kids. We had a lovely time and I made the right decision. Maybe next year.

It was my first time at a CanJam and I was impressed and greatly enjoyed the event. Highlights were:

* Appreciating how good the news Hifiman Arya Organics
* Finding out that the DCS stack sounds like garbage
* Finding out that the Holo stack is worth the asking price
* Enjoying the presentation of the new soon-to-be-release HEDD Phones
* Ruling out the new Topping D70/A70 Pro as being boring and thin
* Being pleased by the lush and sophisticated sound of the Burson Soloist
* Meeting Doug Graham again, who is now working for Chord Electronics
* Making new friends with other Head-Fiers
* My first time encountering ZMF headphones at the ZMF room….

…. so impressed with the ZMF Auteur Classics - with their full bodied, tuneful, atmospheric presentation - that I bought one of their demo pairs:

53137308622_c05466495c_b.jpg

The whole ZMF Team, including the husband & wife owners, were so helpful and make the occasion fun!

Andrew

New HEDDphones? - Hopefully lighter than the current ones?

Anyone got to listen to Audeze MM-100?

I did. Only thing I can remember is not thinking very much of them tbh, thought the Sundara were a better listen. Although it’s incredibly difficult to form a proper impression of anything in that kind of listening environment, so ymmv!

Oh there’s me near the beginning, and in the ZMF room in the black jacket next to the guy blaring his headphones at ear-bleeding levels…

Andrew
I assume that was Saturday. Think this was taken quite early as couldn't see myself at all. Barely managed a chair anyway, just wandering. Those ZMF phone systems were very good.

I assume that was Saturday. Think this was taken quite early as couldn't see myself at all. Barely managed a chair anyway, just wandering. Those ZMF phone systems were very good.

Yes that was Saturday. It certainly did get busy later but with a lull during lunchtime.

Andrew

First ever headphone show. I don't know how people managed to seriously try out open back phones downstairs in the big busy room though the noise level did vary over the weekend. I tried some Meze Lirics. I don't know if it was the singer, the track or what but to me there was something wrong in the mids. Didn't sound natural to me but it's all subjective. May have been great with other material. The Focal area was very busy. I enjoyed the Audeze models.
I decided the most civilised place to be was the ZMF room. It was quiet, no queues for headphones, and full of beautiful equipment. Zach, Bevin and team were so friendly and helpful. I spent most of my time in there Saturday and Sunday.
The Atriums didn't suit me. Perhaps I should have persevered with them being so well thought of but the VC's had immediate appeal.
I liked the new as yet un-named closed backs but was captivated by the VC and came away with a pair. I've been using them with my recently completed Paradise phono amp - magical combination. Just need to sell some gear to help pay for them now!

Last edited:
Man if only those ZMF cans were less expensive here in Europe I'd be all over them. Love the craftsmanship and the deliberate different tuning options between both models and pads.

Man if only those ZMF cans were less expensive here in Europe I'd be all over them. Love the craftsmanship and the deliberate different tuning options between both models and pads.

Go to the next London CanJam, you may listen to and find a bargain without shipping etc.

Andrew

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew but alas, I'm based in Denmark so not really an option. :)

Edit: Updated profile pic.

advertisement

Back