advertisement

LoFi is the new HiFi

My Metric Halo ADC/DAC and software have loads of plug-ins to add the character of various other bits of kit.
I am happy to make transparent recordings so do not use any of them but a very popular one models the tape saturation and distortion of a reel-to-reel tape recorder...

I guess any bit of electronics that one can measure the transfer function of can have a plug-in written to emulate it accurately, as long as the error function is not so complex it will not run in real time.

Not difficult in this day and age, even the days of needing off board processors is getting to be a thing of the past, a shame as I liked the days of "woo, I'm so special I need an off board parallelised DSP". You can sling a hell of a lot of real time convolution at an i7 & GPU without having a meltdown. I still have a bunch of RPis attached to eurocards to assist in real time control voltage knobbage but its entirely superfluous, really.

Some nice drum recordings on the sample :) Why can't 'real music' have such open dynamic sound! I prefer the un-messed with ones lol.

advertisement

Back