advertisement

Lodgesound RIP

topoxforddoc

pfm Member
Stewart Emmings (Lodgesound on HFWW, AoS and Tapeheads) sadly passed away on wednesday night after a brave fight against bowel cancer. Whilst he did not post on PFM, many of you will know him from the Lodgesound room at the Scalford Show, where he brought his Studer, Nagra and Sony studio R2R machines to show with his friend Philip, another broadcast engineer.

Over the last couple of years, he taught me every thing I know about R2R machines. He was generous with his time and very modest about his achievements.

His work colleagues at the British Film Institute are distraught, as he was the lynchpin maintaining all of the old video and analogue tape recorders, used to rescue long lost TV and film shows. His experience at the BBC, Channel 4 and as an old fashioned cinema projectionist meant that there was nothing in the video or audio broadcast world, which he couldn't do. His colleagues at the BFI are arranging a coach to bring them down to his memorial service on friday the 30th June, such is the respect in which he was held.

I feel very honoured to have been his friend. We exchanged tips on tape machine alignment for advice about how to cope with his cancer symptoms. I shall miss our daily chats, but not as much as his parents and sister will miss him.

Scalford will not be the same without him, but I am relieved that he is no longer suffering. RIP

RIP. A truly superb person to talk to and his tales of acetate film 'fail safe' protocols kept Mark and I enthralled! A true gent

The Scalford rooms were always a delight:-

y4mEWi146cA76rR3Ug8KSSdpcccO1KNvYXp4V3jnIZMsfLhH6QEOHKpB5qjwxzFaOkWTjgYGh5IWj9ZHYLN5WLuimDepct1t6FVzolZzA8BfQf8caNuMkI-LIXFXKnNhrQSilG5ccAqvjJN4OdxY95GV8oO35o9xxx83iAU8V3xH7GG-xWe282XB--Py4Vt4bE39TJZzHXWtMkDfW68TwNLxw

Very sad news. I enjoyed his Scalford room a lot and had a good chat with him at one point with a friend who also has LS5/8s. RIP.

I only met Stewart a couple of times but his openness and enthusiasm won me over immediately. All I can say is the world has lost one of the good guys and I wish I had known him better, R.I.P.

A few more pics of his rooms at Scalford, two different years IIRC:

8524702193_e6d41308c5_b.jpg

8524702551_f703cac5da_b.jpg

12886187163_de3f02d3cb_b.jpg

Always stunning kit, always a great sound.

Very Sad news Charlie, he was a lovely guy , the Lodgesound room was always my first port of call at Scalford
RIP Stewart

Oh no, this is very sad news.

Lovely guy and put a huge amount of effort into the Scalford events.

RIP

Such sad news. I had the privilege to talk to Stewart a number of times before I bought my two Studers. He was a lovely guy and will be sorely missed.

advertisement

Back