advertisement

Lockwood Tannoys -good news

[

Given my probably unforgivable ignorance (in present company) of Tannoy models, might I have the temerity to ask about the 'small' white finished speaker shown in one of the photographs?

Mike Kelshaw

IIRC, custom made for the BBC at Broadcasting House. Contains 10 inch HPD's. I had some around 12 years ago that the Beeb got rid of. A friend worked there as an editor, freelance. I got them from him. Surrounds had disintegrated so I had them redone by another repairer. Sounded very nice indeed but moved them on as the cabinets had received the usual BBC treatment......

This is the first ones that I have seen since then. I understand that Lockwood will make some more if there is a demand.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, and new to Lockwood, but was hoping someone could help answer a (hopefully) simple question.

I have previously had a lot of Tannoys, but never a Lockwood. Recently some Uni Majors with HDP 385 became available, so I bought them. :)

The cabinets appear to be in very good condition, but one of the grills is not. Is the grille detachable?

The speakers in question:

https://www.finn.no/152398155

On beforehand thank you for any help!

Best regards

Jens
Norway

As far as I’m aware the grilles on vintage Lockwood monitors are not detachable without ruining them. The material is no longer available either.

Thank you for your reply Tony L!

I see, not even from the inside? From what I can see it looks as if the grille cloth is attached directly to the front baffle, but it looks as is this is held in place by some screws from the inside only (unless of course it is also glued).

advertisement

Back