advertisement

Lockdown Relief.....

MVJ

madvinyljunkie,Professional Plonker & PFM Member
Decided to play every CD/LP in my collection yesterday (couple of thousand I think) in a completely random order with no repeats even if they are favourites or I decide their crap imo.

Downside to this is my other half is going nuts as not a music fan at the best of time, Mind you she just endured almost an hour of Ozric Tentacles in full flow perhaps headphones for the noisy stuff may be a wise move

To keep track of my played music I started a list with the option to comment and rate them not sure how long I'll keep it up. Has the lockdown affected how your listening to your tunes/hifi?

cheers MVJ.

I ought to do something similar to weed out the boring records, you know, the stuff I have grown out of which has no nostalgia value...

I would need a few months for that though :)

Or I could go through the vinyl sorting it into two groups - what is duplicated in digital and what is not. The result might be a depressing realization that i could do without the vinyl...

Threads on jazz mags and lockdown relief... Some people are going to go blind.

I have found so many things that need doing it’s ridiculous. If I were to sit down and listen to a whole CD/Record I’d feel very quilty! even though I’d absolutely love to.

Actually the "Relief" bit refers to the the fact my other half has started going out to do stuff in the garden

I ought to do something similar to weed out the boring records, you know, the stuff I have grown out of which has no nostalgia value...

I would need a few months for that though :)

Or I could go through the vinyl sorting it into two groups - what is duplicated in digital and what is not. The result might be a depressing realization that i could do without the vinyl...

Yep I've cleared a space to put anything I find that won't be played/heard again for the charity shop I think or the pinkfish charity thread

I have been thru a period of almost a couple of years & hardly turned my system on at all. Previously listening to music all day long every day/evening and being retired + not in the best of health (much better now) it gave me great pleasure.

My lockdown Relief idea has revitalised my enjoyment of my system and music it sounds utterly awesome to me again. MVJ.

I have found so many things that need doing it’s ridiculous. If I were to sit down and listen to a whole CD/Record I’d feel very quilty! even though I’d absolutely love to.

I said this because...

Really? What's the point of owning a nice Hi-Fi if you can't listen to music on it? I listen to at least 2-3 full albums most evenings.

I have 4 kids and atm if i’m not working at my temporary home setup, I’m playing with them in the garden, or teaching them about fractions with cut-up pieces of a4 paper, or going out for our daily exercise on our bikes, once those are done, then I’m doing one of the one hundred diy jobs I’ve found need doing.

I generally listen to at least one album every day, never felt a pang of guilt.

I don’t feel guilty either, I just can’t find the time atm!

One day, one day.

I said this because...

I have 4 kids and atm if i’m not working at my temporary home setup, I’m playing with them in the garden, or teaching them about fractions with cut-up pieces of a4 paper, or going out for our daily exercise on our bikes, once those are done, then I’m doing one of the one hundred diy jobs I’ve found need doing.

One day, one day.
My two children are older

I said this because...

One day, one day.

Pffft, kids. Send 'em out in't street wi a box o fireworks and they'll be reet.

Sitting in the living room all day near my stereo has given me terrible bouts of upgraditis. I’ve so far managed to restrict myself to a new Pro-Ject DAC (£200) and a John Coltrane vinyl set (£50). But I’m plagued by lustful thoughts of new cartridges, SUTs and bargain Technics decks. Can’t take much more of this before I give in! :D

advertisement

Back