advertisement

LMS - why would it find fewer files than Moode using same USB disk?

Moode sees 16,231 tracks, LMS sees 16,160, same disk. So far I have found one album that is missing from the library. I'm not sure at the moment if it is whole dirs/albums or random tracks that are missing, but from my sample of one it would appear to be albums (not many, granted).

The scanner log file in LMS will tell if there were any issues scanning your library. It will also tell you on what files it has issue. That's the first place to check.

I've switched to picoreplayer as the LMS renderer now and that is behaving better than moode/squeezelite. I'm now warming to this LMS/PCP setup, having also got it controlling a spare chromecast, and bluetooth/spotify connect all appears to work fine.

Next question - is ipeng still the best app for ios control or are there other options?

I use squeezepad on an iPad and Material Skin on an iPhone

The latter is a LMS Plugin (also add Music and Artist Information)

https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material
It may depend on individual preference of course. I have iPeng on an iPhone talking to LMS and I also have the Safari browser talking to LMS via the Material Skin plugin. Both do a fine job of the fairly simple control I need but I find I am using Safari/Material Skin more than iPeng.

If you have more complex tasks than I have, such as working extensively with playlists, there may be differences there that tip the balance. But perhaps start by installing the Material Skin LMS plugin.

advertisement

Back