advertisement

LK100 25th Anniversary Edition?

For me is, in truth, I’m sure their are Linn power amps out there that are better than my LK100’s but it’s impossible to audition them to compare. It would be an expensive exercise to swap units only to find the difference minimal. Perhaps there’s an opportunity here of swapping listening time with other users?

I wouldn't have changed my LK100's, I just had the opportunity to build a second system and stuck with what I knew plus a bit. If I only had the one system I would have worked more on the TT and pre instead. I reckon the LK100's will last well as they don't get as hot.

I don't entirely agree with age/hearing not being up to it, I reckon better reproduction helps to compensate for poorer hearing, at least up to a point.

It’s a difficult one with hearing. I’m lucky enough to listen to music without aids and in my head, really enjoy the sound I’m hearing. It would be good to be able to hear different systems to actually make the comparisons between them though.

It’s a difficult one with hearing. I’m lucky enough to listen to music without aids and in my head, really enjoy the sound I’m hearing. It would be good to be able to hear different systems to actually make the comparisons between them though.
Maybe say where you are and after lockdown fancy a bake off, you might get some interest. Even though I am in a rural location I found a couple of local fishies and we have been to each others houses to hear each others system. I have only recently hopped on the Linn amplifier train with a Wakonda/LK85 after 40 years sans Linn bar their Arms/Carts in the very early days of my system.

I’ve just taken delivery of my fourth LK100 and surprisingly, I have a query. My previous three have banana plug sockets for the speaker cables. This one has different sockets. They look as if they have hollow type plugs. Is this correct or am I missing something obvious?

Like these? BFA connectors Cyrus use similar

thumbnail_20200514_171306.jpg.373e64af499a003915163a2d5a7a69e7.jpg

advertisement

Back