Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Living Voice Auditorium, DeVore, Audio Note AN-E

Discussion in 'audio' started by Old Shatterhand, Oct 31, 2020.

1. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

Why don't you just go and listen to the speakers you mention here? Or at least when you can...

2. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

There's really no substitute to listening yourself.
    I wouldn't buy the AN-Es (which as previously mention I didn't enjoy), but I wouldn't buy the LVs or the O/96s either (not listened to them but wouldn't anyway).

If you are looking for "clarity" perhaps consider trying a pair of Quads...

3. G T Audio

G T Audio Trade: Manufacturer and Distributor

I assume you are talking about the ESL's?

4. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Indeed I am. They are perfect for narrow rooms and 14m2 is large enough to allow some distance from the wall behind the speakers in a narrow-wall setup.

5. Old Shatterhand

Old Shatterhand pfm Member

6. Old Shatterhand

Sure and I know that but I buy used stuff 90% of the time and I find it totally asocial to go to a dealer, listen to his stuff and steal his time and buy used if I liked the stuff.

I'm absolutely not interested in debating other stuff or speakers.

I would really appreciate if people consider my wish.:)

7. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

I understand you perfectly, I buy mostly used gear too.
    I just feel that asking for recommendations from a large community with a wide variety of tastes may be unhelpul in the end. You'll get many favourable opinions by owners and a few by people don't like any of these speakers, it may prove difficult to determine which comments will address your needs.

8. Old Shatterhand

I understand what you mean and I can only speak for myself, if someone asks me about my stuff I would honestly tell them what they can expect from my point of view and what not. Nothing is perfect and every component has strength and weaknesses. I'm objectively enough to say what the stuff I know can do and what not. But maybe that isn't the norm. I can't stand fanboy like unobjective claims.

9. Fretbuzz

Fretbuzz pfm Member

With the (older) AN-Es I own, and Es and Js heard and demoed - I don't recognise the cupping and cloudy references you mention (if understood), but find they do bring more weight and timbre to the sound than a lot of other designs. Including lower mids. A sort of ballast. Nicely so on balance, to me, if the room suits.

Not ones to recommend if after a fast, squeeky-clean kind of sound though.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021 at 9:51 PM
    Old Shatterhand likes this.