advertisement

Liverpool vs Real Madrid Champions League on YouTube

sounds like many of the fans had an horrific time , being tear gassed and charged with riot police . horrific . could have been a repeat of a certain disaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61630201

The BBC's sports journalist Nick Parrott, who was in Paris, said "it was the most petrifying experience I've ever had at a football match". He tweeted that locals were "trying to force their way in leading to security closing the gates and keeping out legitimate fans with tickets".

Meanwhile, Liverpool player Andy Robertson said the organisation of the final was a "shambles", adding that he had given a genuine ticket to a friend who was told it was fake and denied entry to the game.

Liverpool Mayor Joanne Anderson, who also attended the final, described the French police actions as "absolutely disgusting".

Speaking on BBC Breakfast, Ms Anderson said: "When the game was delayed and I could see lots of Liverpool seats were empty - so knowing that people with tickets hadn't been able to get in, I went to walk around the ground to see what was going on.

"Seeing all the Liverpool fans bottlenecked together, shouting at officials, or shouting at stewards, and then the riot police just came over and pepper sprayed them.

advertisement

Back