advertisement

Live albums

June Tabor - Quercus
Tedeschi Trucks Band - Layla Revisited
Slade - Alive

Last edited:
Van Morrison “It’s Too Late To Stop Now”. I have a fairly nondescript-looking German palm tree pressing (do the Germans have palm trees?) but it’s…woah…

Also, Dire Straits “Alchemy”. I like Dire Straits but never understood the love for this album until I was listening to “Tunnel Of Love” on my phone whilst waiting for a train one morning, probably about 30 years after I first heard it, and, again…woah.

Thank you for your suggestions,
Will have a listen to a few later if I can get them on spotify.
If I like them I can then maybe buy physical copies.

Hadouk Trio - Live at FIP. Astounding music and probably the best recorded live album I’ve heard. The sonics are terrific.. better than most studio albums.
Anni DiFranco - Living in Clip is also a great raw sounding live album.

Paul Weller 'Live at the Festival Hall' is a cracker if you like his newer stuff. No idea what the recording is like but I've been whacking out 'Glenn Campbell Live at the Troubadour' all week in the car on Spotify, his last recorded live album I think. A mixture of his greatest hits and modern(ish) covers.

Cheers BB

Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live
Pat Metheny Group - The road to you
John McLaughlin Trio - Live at the Royal Festival Hall
Lots of Keith Jarrett, La Scala, Vienna or Koln probably
Nirvana - Unplugged in New York

Bill Frisell - East/West
Zappa - Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life, Make A Jazz Noise Here (not live concerts, but compilations from lots of live concerts)
Monk - Big Band And Quartet In Concert (fantastic SQ for a 1963 recording)

Forgot about Nirvana, that is a great album.

Cheers BB

Van Morrison “It’s Too Late To Stop Now”. I have a fairly nondescript-looking German palm tree pressing (do the Germans have palm trees?) but it’s…woah…

Also, Dire Straits “Alchemy”. I like Dire Straits but never understood the love for this album until I was listening to “Tunnel Of Love” on my phone whilst waiting for a train one morning, probably about 30 years after I first heard it, and, again…woah.

"Too late To Stop Now" is such a masterpiece. One of my all time favourite live albums. So unfucked about with and real. The vinyl version is a regular feature on my deck.

Genesis "Seconds Out"
Leonard Cohen "Live in London"
Joni Mitchell "Miles of Isles"
Nick Cave "Alone at Alexandra Palace"
Rush "Exit Stage Left"
Brett Anderson "Live at the Union Chapel"

Just to name a few...

Isn't live music an incredible gift.

A massive yes to Secret World and Keith Jarrett. Secret World is such an incredible live performance from one of the great masters of the art.

advertisement

Back