advertisement

Little Feat

What a lovely thing to have and a steal.

Little Feat are such a superb band and often seemed a bit overlooked.

I have most of them on vinyl but for those who missed the boat this is a great way to play catch up.

Mark

Especially given that it comes with the outtakes disc that previously only came with the expensive (relatively) hotcakes and outtakes box set.

Also includes the extended Waiting for Columbus making it even better value.

PD

I assume their heyday was from Dixie Chicken to Waiting for Columbus but how does the earlier and later material compare?

Cheers for this, my favourite band by far, and Jack - luck guy, so wanted to to see them live but i never made it,
Martin

I bought the Little Feat Original Album Series five CD set for £9 recently in Sainsburys. Excellent value methinks.

Cheers for this, my favourite band by far, and Jack - luck guy, so wanted to to see them live but i never made it,
Martin

Agreed. My favourite by a long way - easier to see live than you might think. I last saw them in Islington at the Town Hall - a bunch of laid back old dudes, having so much fun. Very few peers.

That boxset is a steal - I saw it yesterday and banged in my order, even though I already have everything

I assume their heyday was from Dixie Chicken to Waiting for Columbus but how does the earlier and later material compare?

I think it's the other way round - great up to and including Dixie Chicken , downhill, albeit slowly, from then on (although I have a soft spot for "Feats Don't Fail Me") Sailing Shoes is their finest for me - a fabulous record I've returned to over and over again.

Great looking box mind you... very tempted.

And I'm sure pfm-ers know they were more or less the backing band on John Cale's Paris 1919 - one of the best records etc etc

Kevin

Quite a large percentage of Little Feat also appear on Robert Palmer's "Sneakin' Sally Through The Alley" and "Some People Can Do What They Like"

I've tried Little Feat's Dixie Chicken after people telling me how good it is.... I'm wondering what it is that I'm supposed to be hearing, its just sounds like tired, not very good bar-room band to me? Where am I going wrong?

That's a great deal. I saw them three times when Lowell George was still alive. They're one of the best bands I have ever heard.

Jack

Fully agree. Saw them twice. First time in London when they totally blew the Doobie Brothers clean off the stage, the second time in Newcastle. The Newcastle gig was certainly in my top 4 gigs of alltime,

Incidently, IMHO "Waiting For Columbus" is the best live album ever produced. It totally nails what they were like on stage, i.e. f*cking brilliant.

Chris

advertisement

Back