advertisement

Listening to Cowboy Junkies

Cowboy junkies are such an amazing band. Fantastic vocals from Margot, fabulous band and incredible songwriting./interpretation We love them Here

Not a massive fan of them but their version of "State Trooper" on "Whites off Earth Now!!" is pretty spiffy.

The Trinity Sessions

Extraordinary, sounds like you’re in the room. Something else!

First time for me but I think I must have heard Sweet Jane before..

Lovely album. 👍

Gorgeous album; and shows that very simple recording techniques (in this case a single ambisonic mic going to DAT, recorded in a lovely acoustic) can bring excellent results.

Trinity Sessions has a low roar in the background that I have always assumed was the warm air heating system.

Traffic, isnt it?

I have never read any comment as to exactly what it is, but it very much sounds like heating to me - very low level, unchanging, which doesn't fit well with traffic.
For me, becaus it is constant, it doesn't interfere with the music at all, if anything it adds atmosphere, not least compared to absolute silence, apart from crowd noise.

The Trinity Sessions

Extraordinary, sounds like you’re in the room. Something else!

First time for me but I think I must have heard Sweet Jane before..

Lovely album. 👍
Lou Reed wrote it for the Velvet Underground.

Brill album, I once played some tracks to my boss whom I had mentioned of the band before when he asked what kind of music I listen to.

Whilst it was playing he said, "this is not the Cowboy junkies by chance" 🤣

Lay it down is also a good LP - now on vinyl for the 1st time.

A guitar tech friend of mine was at the session. He's told me that the biggest cost for the recording was the crew pizza order!

advertisement

Back