advertisement

Listening Jacket

hughmc2

pfm Member
having just read a review in hifi+ which featured a speaker cable ensemble which cost £26,000 for 2.5m I thought some of you might appreciate this other review I found -

This months Review : High End Audiophile Listening Jacket by Vivid Imagination Acoustics

The Listening Jacket ( available in white only ) is the latest addition to the highly regarded VIA range. It is woven from a single strand of dielectric cotton 0.48mm in diameter with a coating of pure silver. The helically wound Teflon outer layer reduces chaffing whilst deflecting RF interference. The sleeves, made using non-magnetic triple braided klingon nylon, tie neatly at the back. The eyelets through which the ties pass are 24k gold plated to reduce resonance and also add that touch of high-end bling. Alpha super noise isolation buckles reinforce the arm fastenings ensuring positive de-coupling between the arms and the lower back. The additional strap which conveniently passes through the legs to attach to the rear of the jacket ( a luxury touch even at this price level ) is of linear structured hemp. Noted for it’s low single-ended interconnectal impedance. It has the ability in interconvert mechanical energy into static electrical energy to form a force field around the wearer. Reducing the effects of acoustic reflections generated within the listening enviroment. The shoulders are embroidered with slim-line nude diamonds surrounded with ruby cantilevers. Sprinkled with pixie dust. These serve to reflect HF signals towards the ears whilst the lambs wool bib absorbs unwanted bass.
Usb connections are available but require the listener to bend over when being connected.

From the opening notes of Wonderwall it was obvious this was no ordinary listening jacket. My arms being restrained only served to increase the overwhelming urge to tap my feet. My inability to move forced me to view the enormous soundstage in front of me. Bass sounded tight and controlled. Highs were crystal clear. Everything seemed more vivid. My £60,000 set up ( cheap at this price level ) now seemed complete.

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better the addition of the “Ungrounded Checked Slippers” took things to an entirely new level. External vibrations were now totally eliminated. The slippers took the edge off the mid-range that we had noticed earlier. The trebles now seemed dry and crisp with limey flavours and a hint of lemon zest peeking through.

At £18,999 the Listening Jacket may seem expensive but if you are the owner of a revealing enough system, with speaker cables at £5000 per meter, you will never hear the true potential of your investment without the Listening Jacket. It will enable you to finally hear music as if you were actually there. ( plus the Ungrounded Checked Slippers at £3999 ).

…and with talk of upgrades via the Pointy-Hat-With-A-Big-D-On-It and the Kevlar Fingerless Mitts it just gets better.

I'm only at listening 'jumper' level, can someone tell me what I can hope to gain when I make the change to jacket please?

I'm currently sporting a tawny with cherry piping crimplene open crotch listening cardigan and damned effective it is too.

I'm currently sporting a tawny with cherry piping crimplene open crotch listening cardigan and damned effective it is too.

(I hesitate to ask) but could you be more precise? Perhaps a few pictures would help us all to see what the 'tawny' brings to the party:D;)

advertisement

Back