advertisement

Lintone Audio over and out

Fortunately THE very best dealer in the North East is alive and kicking, indeed going from strength-to-strength. Audio Therapy. Do yourselves a favour gentlemen of the N.E. (AND BEYOND) and check them out . As a very satisfied customer I cannot speak too highly of the service and products on offer.
Sadly this one, Pear Audio in Alnmouth and the B&O shop in Kingston Park, Newcastle are all out of my budget range!

But if I'm ever passing I will call in.

Andy

Do I detect some sort of edge there sq ?
Do your homework my friend. In this day and age who needs premises as you seem to view them … ?

Sad loss, remember the store in the metro centre and of course in Gateshead. Used them a lot when I was invested in naim, and bought my first mc cartridge from them. Happy retirement.

must admit I like Peter Tyson and have found them very helpful and knowledgable esp now I am invested in Linn.

Do your homework my friend. In this day and age who needs premises as you seem to view them … ?

To my mind a big part of paying full retail for a product, especially a turntable, is the costs and overheads of the business that sold it. That includes a workshop with trained staff and the understanding that they will support you for the long term. My Rega has been back to Lintone to fix a couple of small issues already and, as I said earlier, I anticipate a few cartridge swaps before my ears give out.

Call me old fashioned but the investment in; premises, staff and stock inspires more confidence than a business that lives on a website. I realise that the former model is probably on its way out, I can't help but think that it is something to regret.

Your tailcoats are showing, and it has been a legal requirement to list at least a registered office or business premises address on a UK business website since 2006, do your homework.

It’s sad a buyer could not be found, primarily to keep staff employed but also for Tony’s retirement fund.

It’s hard to close one’s doors, one always imagines one will have a saleable asset after a lifetimes work in retail.

.sjb

It’s sad a buyer could not be found, primarily to keep staff employed but also for Tony’s retirement fund.

It’s hard to close one’s doors, one always imagines one will have a saleable asset after a lifetimes work in retail.

.sjb

I guess it's a sad reflection on the ever shrinking market for "real hi fi"... One would have hoped that the "good will" and reputation of Lintone would be a saleable asset!

It’s all about omni channel these days, I don’t think a retailer can survive just through the shop anymore.

Bought an ADC magnesium headshell there on a trip from the US in 1978 (the beginning of the Linn/Naim hegemony)! I'm surprised that part of town has lasted this long.

Good times, sorry to see them go

I bought most of my stuff from them in 80's and then I bought a 52, SC, 2x 250, SNAXO, HC, several LP12s and SBLs from them in 1998. The system is still going strong so no need to buy anything else.

Sorry Tony it has all been too good but best wishes,

FF

advertisement

Back