advertisement

Linn Wakonda Sneaky Kudos Aerial Connection Type?

Stuart Frazer

pfm Member
I'm trying to help @Nye Samuel with his new Linn Wakonda Sneaky Kudos FM aerial connection. He's using a Quad FM4 at the moment, but his FM Coax plug isn't compatible with the Linn's. In Nye's words "connector is not wide enough to cover the socket and the male bit might be too wide for the female bit" :D

This is the FM aerial connector type on the Linn. What type of plug does he need? "F" Type Plug or maybe there is an adaptor he can get?

2553692-9607e7a9-linn-majik-i-with-sneaky-kudos-tuner-and-linn-system-remote.jpg

It looks like the Linn has a male socket rather than the usual female socket (like the FM4). You’ll need a female coaxial plug on the end of the coax

MX280.JPG

It does a bit due to the hollow centre pin, but here’s a male plug. Your Linn just has the male as a socket instead of the usual female.

MX260.JPG

Thank you...I have now ordered a female plug...arrives on Thursday.

Why does Linn do it differently to Naim or Quad? Linn should tell you this in the tuner manual.

Looks like a male aerial coax to me, you can get gender adapters easily.

My Linn tuners (Pekin and Kremlin) have had F type connectors as it happens, I use an adapter.

Indeed. My preference would be to use a female plug on the end of the coax but a male to male coupler would be fine too. Anyway, a few options for Nye.

Indeed. My preference would be to use a female plug on the end of the coax but a male to male coupler would be fine too. Anyway, a few options for Nye.

Well it would be...if I knew what a male to male coupler is (this is getting worse)...What adapter? I am confused...but nothing new on that score by the way. :)

How are you finding the amp?

Really nice in all areas...I can listen all day without being tired..slight hiccup setting tuner presets but that was down to me not reading the instructions! The interesting thing was that I seemed to be getting a good signal when I used a Naim NAT 02 or Quad FM4 but less good with the Linn Kudos sneaky... tuner....but with the same 3 element directional FM aerial...aerial out of alignment or a poor connection between the coax cable and the tuner?

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it, I’ve always loved that era of Linn kit (and I’m still using a Wakonda and two Majiks in different parts of the house.

I’ve only ever used a Pekin and a Kremlin, they’re not the most sensitive tuners and do need a proper outdoor dipole antenna to get the best from them, but they sound superb.

advertisement

Back