Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Linn Unidisk sc

Discussion in 'audio' started by Jimbobbyron, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Jimbobbyron

Jimbobbyron pfm Member

Looking for some advice for my brother.
    His Unidisk is not reading cds very well. I do believe that this is a fairly common problem. I have had a look for new assemblies and they seem to be available..
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a repair service?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    James

2. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

Jimbobbyron and linnfomaniac83 like this.
  3. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

If you want to drop me a PM, I’ll do my very best to help you. I am very busy right now so can’t guarantee a rapid turnaround if I take it on myself, but I can try and talk you through it.

4. Jimbobbyron

Jimbobbyron pfm Member

Thank you

5. jimpey

jimpey pfm Member

I have one of these with a similar problem except CDs are recognised on insertion, but 'sometimes' sacds of dvdas aren't.

I thought it was a software problem rather than hardware, is that not the case then?

I still use it (infrequently) in a system with tv sound connected by toslink for when grandchildren stay.

Jim