advertisement

Linn Troika question

Jack Palance

pfm Member
I had a Troika setup on my Ittok nicely with no problems because of the third hole but now I want to install a Karma. Does anyone know the distance from the front bolt holes to the 3rd one on the Troika as I think I can calculate where the Karma goes from there. Thanks guys.

12.5mm from centre of front holes to centre of 3rd hole. Just measured it!
Karma and troika have identical bodies save the extra bit on the troika.

Dom

12.5mm from centre of front holes to centre of 3rd hole. Just measured it!
Karma and troika have identical bodies save the extra bit on the troika.

Dom
Thanks for the advice. Just want to confirm did you measure from bolt to bolt diagonally or from between the 2 front ones?

I would strongly recommend using a two point Baerwald alignment protractor rather than attempting to measure between holes.

Aligning any linn mc is very easy on the ittock - you just level the flat on the front with the front of the headshell so that the pointy bit overhangs the front of the cartridge. The stylus should then be directly below and between the "nostrils"

aaah, the troika - a true classic. worked wonders in my lp12/lingo/aro-setup 20 years ago, when i was young, free, single and had the money

The front of the Karma should line up exactly with the front of the headshell, this should provide the correct alignment. Make sure the nuts look equal in the slots and you should be fine.

advertisement

Back