advertisement

Linn Movie Classik Jackplugs/Connectors?

jackbarron

Chelsea, London
I've got an old Linn Movie Classik. At the back there are various sets of inputs/outputs. One lot take
DELTRON BFA AMP SPEAKER PLUGS, which I have.

Another are kind of weird jackplugs. I've just looked on the Linn website and it seems like they are 100 quid a pair, which I don't want to pay.

Stupidly I think I have thrown mine away, along with the five leads I was using to connect the unit to the the Linn Unik speakers I have.

Can anybody tell me what kind of jackplugs these are and where I could buy some from at a decent price, non-Linn ones are completely acceptable. The Linn manual doesn't say what they are called.

On the picture below the inputs/outputs I am talking about are the 12 brass rimmed ones running low from the left to the centre of the unit.

Thanks,

Jack

c.jpg

I just bought a classik cd player for a friend and I thought that amp etc was crammed in .....let alone the tuner version,

I assume this is a dvd player tuner amp? ...apart from bluetooth or usb what else could be fitted in that footprint.....

Its a long time since I was allowed in a Linn showroom, the tin foil is such giveaway,

apart from knowing all the linn names I never come actually come across the Linn kit.

However Im not short of leads but bought deltrons speaker plugs to wire up different cables for her.

It Sounds like a convenient sized thing but I was told to keep them as cool as possible due to all thats crammed in there.This means ventalation and not placing things on top or too close to the casing

Yeah it is a DVD/CD player, tuner and 5.1 amp. The version I've got is not the DI one.

I got the Movie Classik secondhand with a set of 5 Linn Classik Unik speakers in 2002 and used it until 2007. The only thing I added was a Linn Classik Afekt bass extension speaker i.e. subwoofer.

I sold the latter about 6 years ago for 650 quid, but have held onto the rest.

I don't remember the Linn Movie Classik being really hot during use, but it wasn't cool either. It was made just before Blue Ray started and doesn't deal with HDMI, streaming and bluetooth.

At one point I looked into getting the DI version of the Movie Classik. Unfortunately it didn't use HDMI or have streaming etc. After that Linn stopped updating the model.

Other than that it's a high quality single box solution, with a very comprehensive remote. If there was something similar which covered all the latest formats I would buy it.

You can use the unit in stereo mode. The CD player and tuner are great. At one point I integrated a couple of Linn and then Naim floorstanders into the setup.

I am now thinking about selling the Movie Classik, because people know about the unit and are buying them. I just want to test every input and output, hence my inquiry about the RCA connectors.

I am also going to sell the Linn Classik Unik speakers, which are in mint condition and all boxed up.

Jack

advertisement

Back