advertisement

Linn Majik-I Integrated Amplifier New VS Old

gerlando

Prog Rocker
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!

Have you ever compared the new Linn Majik-I integrated amplifier (Chakra technology, Dynamik Power Supply) with the older model (LK style case)?

Thank you.
Mauro

Yep, they’re totally different amps. The newer one is the better, more resolving amp but is perhaps a little dryer and more clinical, the older one is warmer and sweeter. Most would prefer the newer one I’d have thought, though the older one is nicer looking, LK era kit is really elegant.

PS happy new year to you and Lara!

Agree with above, very different although both do the Linn 'tune' thing - i.e. easily make sense of melodies and follow what's going on.

Don't see many of the newer ones for sale - presume they didn't sell high quantities. Don't recall if the earliest ones came with factory fitted Dynamik PSU so worth double checking if you do find one.

Last edited:
Agree with above, very different although both do the Linn 'tune' thing - i.e. easily make sense of melodies and follow what's going on.

Don't see many of the newer ones for sale - presume they didn't sell high quantities. Don't recall if the earliest ones came with factory fitted Dynamik PSU so worth double checking if you do find one.
Good point, the early ones didn’t come with the Dynamik, there will be more out there with it than without it though. The Dynamik brought an extra level of refinement and improved current delivery over pre-Dynamik models. The improved current delivery made it better at controlling difficult loads.

advertisement

Back