advertisement

Linn lp12 price ?

I suppose you could argue the linn looks better and it will have followers 'linnies'

You could argue that I'm better looking than Kylie, but I'm still as ugly as sin and no bugger's going to believe you.

Oh, original question: About £12k BTW, last I heard, not that I'm especially interested. Just clear the way for footballers and bankers rushing out to buy "the best" without bothering to trouble their pretty little heads with any competitor products.

When I last looked the top of the range LP12 with Ekos SE and cartridge/phono stage was around the £16K mark. At that price it is up against some very good products indeed.

Personally at that price I prefer the install and forget turntables and not something that needs springs tweaking and grommets, belt and oil changing and special isolation feet, tables etc.

Cheers,

DV

Koi when you were looking at turntable were you able to compare an SME and a Notts Analogue both fitted with the same arm and cartridge playing through the same system at the same time ,switching between tables?
Preferably with both cartridges having the same amount of wear.
Keith.

No and no
But heard plenty of oil rigs in different systems so put that in your pipe and smoke it :D

You are indeed so fortunate to be able to pick out one components contribution in an unfamiliar system in an unfamiliar room!
I would suggest to you that unless you have compared two turntables with identical arms,identical cartridges in your own system then you have no valid opinion.
Keith.

Koi when you were looking at turntable were you able to compare an SME and a Notts Analogue both fitted with the same arm and cartridge playing through the same system at the same time ,switching between tables?
Preferably with both cartridges having the same amount of wear.
Keith.

Name me dealers were I could do that ? It's hard enough getting a cartridge demo?

Exactly my point, extremely difficult to compare like for like, soon we wil have four turntables here, which will have the same arm and carts, I am
owing forward to jeering the exact contribution of an arm of a cartridge.
Keith.

What is the point of this thread??

May it be, per pure chance, to point out how expensive a fully specced LP12 is compared to so many other really "much better and cheaper" record players ?

If so, then that is really boring. Go and play some CD's instead !!

How much these days does a top spec lp12 with Ekos arm cost?

I would suggest to you that unless you have compared two turntables with identical arms, identical cartridges in your own system then you have no valid opinion.

Wooh, bit harsh there grandma don't you think? If a little less wear on the cart is all it takes for an LP12 to best a 'super table' then frankly it can't be too special can it?

advertisement

Back