advertisement

Linn lp12 power supply

technarchy

pfm Member
Hi chaps, I've got an old lp12 circa 1981 which I would like a power supply for to play my many 45s. Mine is a pre circus,basic power supply( big red on/off switch),non corner braced plinth running a linn basic arm & a grado prestige cart! As far as I can see my options are external power supply's as I've read my plinth isn't deep enough for a hercules & I haven't the crossbrace! I've seen the hercules/mose , the origin live kit & the heed orbit for the money I want to spend £400 tops fitted! Any advice & where to buy/get fitted in the sussex area appreciated! Rest of my system is leema pulse amp,dali suite 2.8 speakers & turntable is in wall mount shelf.
Many thanks,david

The origin live is a dc supply. You will need there motor or a dc motor.

If you want to go dc let me know I will tell you the way i did it for 220. However that was on a pt anniversary.

I use a mose hercules. They are available from Stamford Audio for £349. Easy to fit as it does not require you to touch the suspension. Stamford Audio will send full instructions. Whereabouts are you in Sussex? If you are nearby I could come over and fit it for you as I live in Sussex.

As far as I know your LP12 should have a crossbrace. That is what the basic power supply attaches to. If you need a crossbrace they are also easily available. Maybe somebody on this forum has one.

I bought my Mose+Hercules from Edmund directly from the factory in HK at a good discount. Oh and it slipped through without any charges.......

Contact details Edmund Chan [email protected]

Cheers,

DV

I have vanilla Hercules (£186.99 on "Special Offer" ATM from Stamford Audio). Playing with a thought of switching to used Lingo.

Thanks for the advice! It seems to me that it will be mose hercules or the heed orbit 2 thanks to muzzer's link! Colin b I'm based in Eastbourne if that's anywhere close to you? Pocket kitchen thanks for the offer but I worry that it would need servicing at some point & would add further expense. The heed orbit 2 sounds to me that I would just need to change plugs & that's it? If not a mose hercules as a late Xmas present to me along with maybe some new albums! That will please the commander! Any other ideas are welcome. As I said my budget would be £400,all in & paying someone to fit as I don't want to destroy my pride & joy! Thanks again

Thanks for the advice! It seems to me that it will be mose hercules or the heed orbit 2 thanks to muzzer's link! Colin b I'm based in Eastbourne if that's anywhere close to you? Pocket kitchen thanks for the offer but I worry that it would need servicing at some point & would add further expense. The heed orbit 2 sounds to me that I would just need to change plugs & that's it? If not a mose hercules as a late Xmas present to me along with maybe some new albums! That will please the commander! Any other ideas are welcome. As I said my budget would be £400,all in & paying someone to fit as I don't want to destroy my pride & joy! Thanks again

Change plug and you are away. I made a 13a socket, short lead and IEC plug to save messing with the original.

How does the original button come into play? £350 for the orbit sounds good if a can fit it myself as that defiantly leaves me £50 for music & beer!

With mine whenever you power the Orbit up the red button defaults to on. Not always what you want it to do mind you.

one thing you will need is the plastic cap that fits on the main bearing and stops the oil splling out when you turn the deck upside down. russ Andrews does them for 50 pence +p&p.

one thing you will need is the plastic cap that fits on the main bearing and stops the oil splling out when you turn the deck upside down. russ Andrews does them for 50 pence +p&p.

... or you just let the oil drain into a suitable container and renew it when restoring the deck to right way up?

advertisement

Back