advertisement

Linn Lingo4

My dealer has drawers full of LP12 bits so that would be an easy place to start. Linn might well respond, I've had helpful replies to e-mailed questions. The stand off's are a standard item from parts suppliers but the minimum mail order quantities might be a problem. ebay has some if you know the length (nylon PCB spacer).

Well, Linn won't speak to you but your dealer should be able to et them for you. If not, somewhere like Farnell (UK) or even Amazon.
Not my experience, I’ve received help directly from Linn a few times… they are one of the few manufacturers left where you can phone and speak to the actual people who design and build your kit.

Actually, if I know the specs of the plastic stand-offs needed, I might be able to help, I’m a (small scale) electronic manufacturer, if I have something suitable in my stock, I’ll send some. I use nylon stand-offs to fix my PCBs into their casings.

It would need to be hidden out of sight as it is an ugly piece of equipment. I struggled to see its value at £1,450 and now at £1,650 it is heading towards cloud cuckoo land, I am sorry to say. For that sort of money it should already be housed in a high quality good looking case. Instead, it looks as if they borrowed it from a laptop somewhere..

Just my thoughts on my earlier posting on the case
Its only redemption is the Linn badge on the top and the coating on the case work isn't to bad but it's so basic looking.I know as audiophiles sound comes first and it does deliver.But for a now £1650 product you do expect something more stylish box wise.My LP12 sits on a small table from The Cornflake shop in London and the L4 just sits across it on the floor and the cables are pretty hidden so not an eyesore or anything like that.

Its a simple fit, pretty much straightforward.
Yes, you will need the newer strap (crossbrace) with enough holes for the standoffs.
Keep all wires neat, secure any slack to ensure they don’t rub or rattle against surfaces nor interfere with suspension movement.
You will find the wire and connectors used for the switch look mighty familiar.

Linn should have called it the Radikal AC. It would have piqued more interest.
After all, like the Radikal, the Lingo4 comes with a new special motor and a speed sensor.

Its closer to a Radikal than a Lingo, even sonically.

Last edited:
Its a simple fit, pretty much straightforward.
Yes, you will need the newer strap (crossbrace) with enough holes for the standoffs.
Keep all wires neat, secure any slack to ensure they don’t rub or rattle against surfaces nor interfere with suspension movement.
You will find the wire and connectors used for the switch look mighty familiar.

Linn should have called it the Radikal AC. It would have piqued more interest.
After all, like the Radikal, the Lingo4 comes with a new special motor and a speed sensor.

Its closer to a Radikal than a Lingo, even sonically.
Yeah I have all the fitting instructions that came with it and it’s basically plug and play from what I’ve seen .It came with a new wiring strap and it’ll fit snugly behind my LP12 on it's wall shelf, looking forward to fitting it when I get a spare day .

My Lingo 4 sits on my 4 shelf Quadraspire SVT rack on the shelf below my LP12. The shelf was previously occupied by a Lingo 1. Situated at the back of the shelf it is more or less invisible.
I'm quite sure though that it could happily fit underneath the rack should it become necessary.

advertisement

Back