advertisement

Linn lingo fitting in East sussex

technarchy

pfm Member
Hi just wondered if anyone could recommend someone to fit a lingo mk1,crossbrace etc to my 1981 vintage lp12 in the East Sussex area? Also would it be worth sticking a new motor on as its over 34 years old? My deck has been serviced in the last year also.
Many thanks,david

Where are you David?

I could potentially get it done for you in a week or two's time at a price lower than taking it to a Linn dealer. A good friend of mine used to be a Linn/Naim dealer (with one of the best reputations for setting up LP12's), I need to take my Aro to him to change cartridge tags anyway. I work in Hove. PM me if you want a quote.

Otherwise it's Audio T in Brighton.

Hi David,
Give Simon at theaudiofiles.co.uk a buzz in my opinion he's one of the best in the business. Not quite the Sussex area but not too far away, just off the M25 well worth a visit
oldie

Thanks for response guys! I was going to take it to audio t in brighton but thought I would ask here. Jezmondtutu I live in eastbourne but do regularly pick my girlfriend up in Brighton in an evening, so yes I would be interested in your friend. I had deck serviced last year at audio t. I think I would need a new crossbrace as mine is the non valhalla vintage. Would it be worth changing the motor too?

I can certainly ask David, but I'd have thought not worth doing. Is your deck standard or have you upgraded it at all?

Standard to Lingo is a useful upgrade. I'm at work most days and bring my car in so no problems with taking it back home, I just need to check when I'm going to get back to Essex but I think it's likely to be 22/23rd Feb as I have an inset day to cover. If you PM me, can can have a private conversation about logistics etc. There are a very small number of people who can properly set up a LP12 and my friend is one of them.

Regards

Jez

Thanks for response guys! I was going to take it to audio t in brighton but thought I would ask here. Jezmondtutu I live in eastbourne but do regularly pick my girlfriend up in Brighton in an evening, so yes I would be interested in your friend. I had deck serviced last year at audio t. I think I would need a new crossbrace as mine is the non valhalla vintage. Would it be worth changing the motor too?

From what I've heard John at Audio T in Brighton knows his stuff and is a nice guy.

You can get the latest Linn cross-member for £15.00 +VAT if you need one (that is the suggested price BTW from Linn) and that's cheaper than a used one was being sold here in the classifieds section! :rolleyes:

Enjoy.

KR

Peter

Never been a Linn LP12 owner, but the sheer level of expertise and support is pretty awesome. That has to be a real advantage of owning these decks; and with the endless upgrades you never need to get bored!
BTW: East Sussex is a most excellent county to live in. The further south you are, the warmer it is. And we have Audionote, Music First, Spendor and, just along the road, SME.
Plus the South Downs.

...and Exposure and Harbeth

A new motor is around £100. I changed the motor after I fitted a Lingo and thought it made a nice difference. £100 isn't much in LP12 terms for a nice improvement so I would definitely say it's worth doing.

btw: Lingo's are very nice - a big step up from Valhalla / Hercules etc. I think you will be pleased :)

advertisement

Back