advertisement

Linn Karik Lasers Available

There are quite a few revisions early ones were dacless and later ones integrated the dac onto the main pcb. Yes those electrolytic caps between the connectors are highly suspect, I’d be surprised if they hadn’t already been changed. I’d change every lytic on the board as a matter of course ensuring I used 105 degree parts.

I have replaced the complete turntable including HOP-M3 on my Linn Karik and the eye pattern has a large DC content of around 2.5 volts. I have replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors, still same issue.
Any ideas please?

I have replaced the complete turntable including HOP-M3 on my Linn Karik and the eye pattern has a large DC content of around 2.5 volts. I have replaced all of the electrolytic capacitors, still same issue.
Any ideas please?
Most of the HOP-M3 pickups available now are clones of unknown quality, but quite often poor. I don’t have a dead one to hand but the next time I do, I’m going to look into the possibility/viability of replacing the laser diode itself... probably not possible but you never know.

Been meaning to properly write up the karik laser replacement for ages and just had one to do so I took pictures.

13. Adjust the laser output potentiometer (mounted on the laser assy) for a level of 1.4V peak to peak (as shown here)

Thanks very much for the guide David. I have a Karik with the laser outputting 1.1V p-p, but I am unable to understand how I adjust the laser output current with the laser in situ? I can't access the Pot, do I have to remove the laser assembly?

Thanks.

advertisement

Back