Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Linn Ittok value

Discussion in 'audio' started by antonio1, Jan 26, 2015.

1. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

how much good ittock come these days?

I mean s/h from reputable Linn sellers etc.

2. auric

auric pfm Member

No idea but I expect some reputable Linn sellers may well list the price on their site.

3. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

for example ?

4. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

Depending on condition/demand they seem to fetch between £400-650.

Not seem one go for less than £400 for a while though I did see a nice sondek with a clean ittok fitted for £650 recently which seemed a bargain.

5. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

A mint LV3 mk2 might get £800

A ropy LV2 with split counterweight might see £250

6. vicdiaz

vicdiaz Just another analog freak...

I've been monitoring sales on eBay for the last three weeks. Prices have been between $960 and $1,031 USD.

7. Spider

Spider pfm Member

I've been keeping an eye on this also
    On Ebay Good LV2 are £550 + every time
    In fact one has just gone for £660 and it wasn't mint
    LV3 in good condition Around £750 +
    Depending on if its a Mk1 or Mk2

They are becoming rarer in nice condition and the popularity of vinyl is growing which has driven the price up.

8. Howdy

Howdy pfm Member

Price of Audio Origami serviced ones, bought at respectable dealer, seem to fixed at GBP600.

As always and as with ereything, ebay is great place to sell, but awful place to buy.

9. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

agree , silly prices , not even worth considering eBay

10. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

I paid £400 for a mint late model LV2 from a fellow pfm'er a few years ago.
    LV3 and black ones tend to go for more.

11. JezmondTutu

JezmondTutu pfm Member

I think black ones were more when new. Vaguely recall selling my mint and boxed LVIII for £250 - my how times have changed!

12. Gaius

Gaius Trade: Stiletto by Tangerine

My LVII might be up for grabs soon, it has a j7 rewire in Ikeda pure silver and is a lovely example, checked over by Audio Origami and Derek Jenkins, it will be in the £600 neighbourhood.

13. stevec67

stevec67 pfm Member

Prices are on the up, I've not seen one under £400 for a couple of years.

14. antonio1

antonio1 pfm Member

again silly prices ,other than finding one in good nick it's still such an old item to justify the expense and not officially serviced too, just in case.
    Worth half the asking price IMHO!
    Better bet a newer akito, 2B or later, whose goodness is proved and underestimated just on account of the physical resemblance to the japanese lesser version .

15. stuwils

stuwils pfm Member

Akito better than Ittok? dont make me laugh. Akito is a budget arm, ittok was state of the art and that art has not changed much over 3 decades.
    Rgds
    Stuart

16. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

The later Akito is much closer to the Ittok in performance, the original Japanese made one was the flakey one.
    Hardly budget at £1500:p

17. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

The later akito is nowhere near an ittok in performance, its really much better.

18. Dan K

Dan K pfm Member

Which model is that? 2B??

19. muzzer

muzzer Numb Nut

Probably the lastest £1500 one.

20. denni55

denni55 pfm Member

the latest iteration of the Akito is hand assembled here in Waterfoot,watched the mannie assemble a few myself along with some very tasty Ekos SE's on a factory tour last year.