advertisement

Linn Ikemi Motor Noise?

stephen_cowslip

pfm Member
Hope you're all well.

I've got a strange problem with my Linn Ikemi.

About a week ago, when I put a CD in, it wasn't sitting quite right in the try and got jammed. I had to prize it out.

After that all was well but now, there's a strange "whirring" noise when I put a CD in or eject it.

I took a video here:

Does anyone know what this could be and whether it's an easy fix?

Thanks in advance, as usual.

I can’t see the video, it’s coming up as private. If you can make it viewable, I should be able to help... my gut feeling is that you have a slipping belt.

It’s still showing up as private. I have to go out now (Covid jab number 2), but I’ll have another look later.

It does sound like one of three belts slipping, there are two for the tray and one for the jacking mechanism that lifts the laser and spindle assembly to clamp the disc. You’ll be pleased to know that there are no gears, just belts and pulleys, so not much to go wrong mechanically. Where are you located?

Okay, well I’m in the West Midlands but may be down in Cambridgeshire in the next couple of months if you’d like me to take a look. Alternatively you could send it to me. I’m sure I’ll have suitable belts in stock.

Okay, well I’m in the West Midlands but may be down in Cambridgeshire in the next couple of months if you’d like me to take a look. Alternatively you could send it to me. I’m sure I’ll have suitable belts in stock.

OK that sounds like a plan. If you don't make it this way after a month or so, I'll send it up to you.

advertisement

Back