1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Linn brilliant to slimline brilliant swap

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Joel Burt, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Joel Burt

Joel Burt New Member

Does anyone know if these are a direct swap, or is there more involved. I know that units were shipped to Linn for the swap and that involved a black power button, but what else? I have a wakonda with a serviced round brilliant and I would like to see if the SL makes a difference (I have one).

2. david ellwood

david ellwood Kirabosi Kognoscente

There are different types of slimline.

Where did yours come from?

3. Wolfmancatsup

Wolfmancatsup Empire State Human

When I had the (dead) ‘Brilliant’ psu die in my Kremlin, it went back to Linn and came back in a new case with the slimline psu as the new psu wasn’t an easy fit in the old case, apparently.

Mick

4. Joel Burt

Joel Burt New Member

The slimline is from a intersekt. I suppose I can measure the values. It would be easy to fit because there is plenty of space and it is smaller than the round brilliant.

5. david ellwood

I suspect that the intersect has different voltages.

6. Bob B.

Bob B. pfm Member

I was once told by Linn that none of the slimline power supplies were interchangeable between different units as although they physically look the same the voltages for each products are indeed different.

7. david ellwood

BTW apart from being more reliable the slimline does indeed sound better.