advertisement

Linn and Qobuz discuss streaming etc live Thurs 13/8

After Linn's last attempt at a live product launch this should be interesting.
I was at the Klimax launch in glasgow they used 12 separate klimax power amps. You were transported inside the music but who is going to use 12 power amps never mind afford 12 klimax power amps. Have to admit it was a fascinating night. I bought a full Akurate aktiv system because of that night. My 30 yeaer with Linn was over after that purchase. It's a never ending upgrade with Linn far too expensive. Sold the Akurate system. Now I'm happy with what I have.

I was at the Klimax launch in glasgow they used 12 separate klimax power amps. You were transported inside the music but who is going to use 12 power amps never mind afford 12 klimax power amps. Have to admit it was a fascinating night. I bought a full Akurate aktiv system because of that night. My 30 yeaer with Linn was over after that purchase. It's a never ending upgrade with Linn far too expensive. Sold the Akurate system. Now I'm happy with what I have.
I’ll never understand that mentality, nobody is forcing you to upgrade and just because a retrofittable upgrade has become available, it doesn’t make your existing product suddenly sound worse. What it does give you, is a more cost effective upgrade route if you wish. I did have a Klimax system when my lifestyle and income supported, i now have an LK system and honestly I’m very happy with it, and it still sounds fabulous despite being several generations old now in Linn’s range.

advertisement

Back