advertisement

Linn Akito phono cable removal

Ugly Tuco

pfm Member
I try to remove the phono cable from Akito tonarm on my Linn Basic but I can`t. As far as I know its just plug in without any additional fixation. Any suggestions please.

There is a small grub screw in the side of the pillar,I think its a 1.5 mm allen key from memory.

Are you sure its not most of the way inside the threaded hole , the pillar wall is 6.5mm thick but some m3 grub screws are only 3 mm long.

I remember taking in an LP12 with Akito for a service and Cirkus addition.
The L on the tonearm plug looked like it had been mauled on the Serengeti!
On quizzing the customer he had taken it to a well known dealer that had dragged their feet on the job, but he claimed he had never "been in" himself.
It really looked like someone had very forcibly used pliers to yank the plug out without removing the grub screw first.
The deck was beyond out of tune, it was miles out in every way and sounded horrendous. Bad member of staff at dealer or naff DIY, I will never know.

I'm a bit confused 'cause this Akito arm now have two problems - the cueing and phono cable. To solve the problem one I have to solve the problem two first, such unlucky device.
I checked very carefully but the lowest screw is missing. Maybe the previous owner used glue to fix the phono cable.

advertisement

Back