advertisement

Linear PSU for NAS & Router

I've got the same NAS as CK and mine doesn't make the slightest noise, suspect his must have been faulty and it would have been cheaper to just replace with a new one of the same type.

These forums are about sharing information and personal findings from using various pieces of equipment. The rocket scientists on here are the first to come along and slag and offend(when anything is mentioned that they’ve not read in a text book) I’ve experienced it fist hand on several occasions here.
I’m not suggesting anyone goes out and spends any money, I’m just saying it’s worth a go if someone has a device that can be upgraded in this way on the cheap. Would people go and spend £40 on a fancy bottle of whiskey because they heard or read it tastes good? Of course they would and this is the same thing.

Actually it was £69 delivered. And would anyone spend £69 on a bottle of whiskey from some unknown punter on the internet on the other side of the world on the say so of one guy who is not unknown for his transient enthusiasms? When there is a huge range of Scottish whiskey of known, proven quality that can be tasted economically? I think not. Or then again, maybe I should mix up some meths and tealeaves and get an ebay account and slag anyone off who doesn’t like my brew as having an “unfounded self belief system”. My arse. And I just wonder, would it be unreasonably cynical to think that the o/p has already stumped up hundreds of pounds for a Teddy Pardo supply, so the current cheapo unit will need moved on soon, and a little hype can’t but help the sale ...

All this talk of Whisky .......I’ve got one glass of Talisker Skye left - could be a good moment to finish the bottle :)

Why do you find spending £40 offensive...?
I don't. I find the suggestion that "risking" 40£ is an unproblematically sound and generalizable rule of conduct offensive. If you lived in a city with 40% child poverty, as I do, you might feel likewise. And you tell me to get out more? I will swallow my next words.

The rocket scientists on here are the first to come along and slag and offend(when anything is mentioned that they’ve not read in a text book) I’ve experienced it fist hand on several occasions here.

Actually the three “rocket scientists” that I know of who frequent this forum do not “come along and slag and offend.......”

Actually it was £69 delivered. And would anyone spend £69 on a bottle of whiskey from some unknown punter on the internet on the other side of the world on the say so of one guy who is not unknown for his transient enthusiasms? When there is a huge range of Scottish whiskey of known, proven quality that can be tasted economically? I think not. Or then again, maybe I should mix up some meths and tealeaves and get an ebay account and slag anyone off who doesn’t like my brew as having an “unfounded self belief system”. My arse. And I just wonder, would it be unreasonably cynical to think that the o/p has already stumped up hundreds of pounds for a Teddy Pardo supply, so the current cheapo unit will need moved on soon, and a little hype can’t but help the sale ...

Sorry, yes £69. And yes I’m sure plenty of people would spend that on a bottle. Judging by some of the systems on pfm, £69 is pennies, so whether it’s £40 or £69 is irrelevant and the point here is not the cost or origin of the linear supply, it is, as is always the case in these type of threads, the fact that the naysayers just won’t accept other people’s oppinions and fire abuse and try to belittle others with their college degrees. I’m just playing ball with the way this forum seems to operate rather than keeping my opinions to myself.

Actually the three “rocket scientists” that I know of who frequent this forum do not “come along and slag and offend.......”

I’ve been personally insulted numerous times by one who claims to build fighter jets. Is that classified as a rocket scientist?

Er no, no wonder he insulted you if you couldn't even get that right :rolleyes:

Comparing jets to rockets is like comparing a SMPS with a linear PSU ;)

Er no, no wonder he insulted you if you couldn't even get that right :rolleyes:

Comparing jets to rockets is like comparing a SMPS with a linear PSU ;)

Launch cost of an A5 is around 100 million.....I think Eurofighters are somewhat cheaper....

So would that be more, or less, bang per buck.

Anyway, to get back on topic........ do mains cables make a difference?

Sorry, wrong thread................................

Strangely enough I used to test the engines (instrumentation and DAS)

This is just another comedy audiophile thread.

So much neurosis and self disbelief - what’s so difficult to comprehend? It’s made a very positive difference ..... and what’s a CE certificate outside the U.K.? Is the rest of the world going to burn down... ?
No it didn't, you totally imagined it.

CE certification is about safety and things like EMC directive compliance. Something I would have thought you would be concerned about, you know as you are so concerned about those EM noisy smps.

Erm... I think you need to do a search on YouTube for Chinese chargers and power supplies catching fire.

These forums are about sharing information and personal findings from using various pieces of equipment. The rocket scientists on here are the first to come along and slag and offend(when anything is mentioned that they’ve not read in a text book) I’ve experienced it fist hand on several occasions here.
I’m not suggesting anyone goes out and spends any money, I’m just saying it’s worth a go if someone has a device that can be upgraded in this way on the cheap. Would people go and spend £40 on a fancy bottle of whiskey because they heard or read it tastes good? Of course they would and this is the same thing.

Yes it is about sharing information. Problem is some are more prepared to believe technically infeasible nonsense reinforced by their sighted biased comparisons as opposed to the the knowledge of people who are educated (text book included) and experienced professionally in relevant disciplines.

No its really not worth spending money on something that does nothing. No point in buying an empty whiskey bottle.

advertisement

Back