Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Linear 5/5 Single-Ended El84 Amplifier

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by eastone, Sep 26, 2021.

1. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Very reluctant sale of this little treasure from early 1960s.

5W a side from a pair of EL84s two ECC83s and an EZ81 rectifier.

83s are a PSVANE and a Sovtek, 84s are Mullards (Mitchum IIRC) and the EZ81 is Mullard. I actually swopped a matched pair of 83s in and it made no appreciable difference so I put the mismatched pair back in. Valves were AVO tested by the previous owner, who had the amp serviced about 15 years ago but didn’t use it thereafter.

It has bass, treble and balance pots and is quite dinky. I think it looks wonderful.

Sound is very open, detailed and natural.

I would love to keep it but I need amps that are more suited to being on all day and it’s just a waste this sitting in a cupboard.

I can post this in really good solid packaging. Or it can be collected from Edinburgh.

It owes me £150 and insured post will be about £25 on top.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eastone

eastone pfm Member

3. eastone

eastone pfm Member

4. Patrick Maitland

Patrick Maitland New Member

Hi, is this still available? I take it that those are rca terminals on the speaker outs, and male rca terminals on the input wires?

is there any hum?

I live in Galashiels.

many thanks

Patrick 07586 656 450

5. eastone

eastone pfm Member

Hi
    Hi Patrick I’ve sent you a PM

6. eastone

eastone pfm Member

7. eastone

eastone pfm Member