advertisement

Lightroom Classic 9.3

Gromit

Plasticine Dog
Hi folks,

Whilst I like the results obtained via Capture One (I use the free 'Express for Fujifilm' version) I tend to use LR Classic a lot more simply because it's familiar.

Upgraded it to the new 9.3 release today, but something's just not right so please bear with me as I'm not tech-savvy at all! On transferring some images from SD card today, I noticed that instead of the usual RAW+jpeg images appearing in the central window, I was not only getting those, but a '-2' version of each one as well. Basically it's taking up twice the storage it should.

As a result of this, I've uninstalled 9.3 and re-installed the previous version. Also, all images from 2020 have been removed from LR (thankfully they're still on the drive). Went to re-import them into LR but I'm still getting the same doubling-up of images. Now it's highly likely I've made some schoolboy error here but I'm a wee bit baffled as thought this would be easy!

Thanks for any advice. :)

I've not tried to import yet but I suspect it's a bug if the behaviour has changed. It doesn't look as though the options have changed at all - not at first glance anyway...

It didn’t install Properly under Win7, had a dull problem, so I went back. I upgraded on Thursday to Win10 (I needed to for other reasons), did the upgrade again and initially it had a catalogue issue, but I copied by backup catalogue in and it’s worked flawlessly

Thanks fellas, and Derek - thanks also for the link. That looks like a great source of info. :)

I'm thinking (dangerous!) that when I installed 9.3, on import the 'add' tab went to 'copy and add' which may explain the doubling-up of images on import - and always why it was taking ages. The 'don't import suspected duplicates' remains ticked.

I certainly didn't touch a thing, settings-wise, as I'm not that confident with this stuff. Will have another go.

advertisement

Back