advertisement

Lightning DS symbol

badlyread

pfm Member
Hi Good People

Can anybody identify what this blue symbol is in the ‘currently playing’ screen of the Lightning DS app. Press it and there is a gap on the music before it comes on again and the symbol goes white. Is there a change in sound? Not sure.
Thanks.

yXg6E8o.jpg

Depends what gear you have, it activates the processing - EQ, DSP, Speakers, Resampler etc. You’ll see none, 1,2 or 3 new icons.

Thank you so much AA. It is the resampling icon which I don’t need on as the Qutest handles all I throw at it so no need to down sample.

Just checked and my Aires Mini has been automatically patched up to the correct firmware, as has the app on my phone. So it seems that my system will support this if i want it to. For as long as i have had it, this tiny box has performed flawlessly and without any intervention on my part.

I well remember the less capable and hideously unreliable Naim streaming box it replaced. I needed to keep an old Windows XP laptop ready just to update the firmware; then stab at the back of the box with a USB cable until had found the right hole.

PS: And every time firmware day came round I thought to myself; "maybe they have go the MacOS app to work this time?" "Maybe I can dump the old laptop?"

Every time Naim disappointed me and every time the consensus on the Naim forum was that i have not invested enough in my home network.

The only disappointment with my Auralic is that I miss the regular opportunity to celebrate its success.

advertisement

Back