Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Life Is Over - Genesis Are Reforming To Tour

Discussion in 'music' started by jackbarron, Feb 3, 2017.

1. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

Oh dear ... oh dear ... oh dear ...

The nightmare has come true. Genesis are reforming to tour, according to this article.

Luckily Peter Gabriel is not taking part, which means they're not worth going to see anyway.

Jack

martin dawson likes this.
  2. guey

guey pfm Member

Maybe they've been watching Brian Pern?

3. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

If Brian Pern is fronting, they might be worth seeing.

Bob McC likes this.
  4. Theo

Theo pfm Member

A prime candidate for 'fake news' headlines.

5. pmac

pmac lovesrecordplayers

This is reason alone to stay away.

6. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

No Hackett either—that might have been worth a look.

Stephen

7. htm_1968

htm_1968 pfm Member

Dear God, I knew late Genesis was poor but worse than Marillion? I hope sanity prevails and we are all shielded from this horror....

:p

8. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

9. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

Perhaps we should send a get well fax!

Jason P and tiggers like this.
  10. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

Crikey, he's suffering a bit, and the article lists even more problems he's had. I can understand the one last tour thought but looking at Phil I don't think it would be a wise move.

First thought when I saw this post was that our Jack is back posting - then I saw it was from 4 years ago.

All the best to both of them - now isn't the time to be sticking the boot into Phil I think.

roman, paulfromcamden and Nigel like this.
  11. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Can't wait to miss it.

martin dawson likes this.
  12. AllyD

AllyD ex audio room poster

Frizzy and Engels like this.
  13. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I'm in no way a Phil Collins fan - but crikey he seems to have been through the mill a bit.

I can't play a note so can only imagine how soul destroying it must be for a musician to lose the ability to play.

14. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Sad news, it sounds like hell for the guy, and he’s not that old at 70. Whilst obviously highly physical work many drummers play well for a lot longer. It’s like arthritis for guitarists, pianists etc, just the nightmare scenario.

15. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Counter

I saw Phil Collins solo version in concert a couple of years ago - and it was a very good concert. That son of his is very talented (only 16 at the time - drums and piano). Dragged the wife along and she was surprised by how much she knew without realising and how much she enjoyed it.

I, the wife and another couple have tickets for the Birmingham concert on the 20th and we are looking forward to it immensely. Yes, Steve Hackett puts on a nice show (I have been to several) of old Genesis material, but they are concert performances with little staging - not a full monty arena show.

So there.
    His son will do a great job bashing the skins.

Andrew C! likes this.
  16. Big Tabs

Big Tabs looking backwards, going forwards

For a second I thought jackbarron was back :(

Rug Doc and irons1965 like this.
  17. graystoke4

graystoke4 pfm Member

saw this on the news this morning, a interview with, Phil and band, he looked very distressed, he can't stand up for long, and hold a drumstick, in his left hand, he has toured sitting down, shown on the news, sitting down and singing is very hard, sitting down and singing well, is almost imposable, also had some sort of gurning going on, if you saw the interview, you would think this man can not tour, he has 3 x-wife's i think, and all of them have had a very substantial settlement, and yearly pay-out, he has mentioned this himself many times, don't know if he's doing this because it's on his bucket list, or he needs the money, i wish him well but i will not be going,

18. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

Like it, quite subtle that :D

19. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

Ah poor guy.... Always had a lot of time for Phil Collins music. Genesis were at their best when he took over of course.

20. Alex N

Alex N pfm Member

^
    [​IMG]

Paul Mc, Yank and guey like this.