advertisement

LIDL Silvercrest Smart Audio Wireless HIFI Streamer

greygoose

pfm Member
I just saw one of these Silvercrest Wireless Hifi Streamer / Adaptor in the shop for 60 quid, any one tried one out and how does it perform.
Front of Box states that it supports Impressively Tidal / spotify /qubuz / napster / deezer and internet radio, control is via app and can be used as part of a multi room system.

Looks good for the priceor is it old technology?

Doesn't a Chromecast do this for less? So too does an Alexa thing for £35, and even an Ap*le Airport Exp is only £100. I got a used AE here fr £12 last month.

Thanks for the reply, I havea chromecast for TV, mixed reports from chromecast audio for quality from what I can see.

Regarding the Alexa, Alexa is the app / interface which is used with small wireless Echo Dot Speakers, very small multiroom system only I think, I am interested in getting a gooding sounding streamer to my hifi (multiroom an added bonus)

Apple Airport express, I dont do apple devices or music, android / google all the way

The silvercrest caught my attention as it has RCA and optical out to conncet to a HIFI DAC so could be a very versatile streamer at low cost, many high end streamers have limited licences only to Tidal or qubuz or spotify due to cost/sales volume/ licencing costs (eg CYRUS)

These devices live and die by their apps and sound quality, very little info or reviews online about these, just a german you tube review and a comment from someone calling it a council Sonos!! Praise Indeed....

Thanks for the reply, I havea chromecast for TV, mixed reports from chromecast audio for quality from what I can see.
I have one, the audio quality is good. If I have a criticism it is that it seems to be sensitive to wifi dropouts. Not sure if other things are better in this regard.

Regarding the Alexa, Alexa is the app / interface which is used with small wireless Echo Dot Speakers, very small multiroom system only I think, I am interested in getting a gooding sounding streamer to my hifi (multiroom an added bonus)
I have an Echo Dot in the kitchen connected to proper speakers via headphone out, sounds great. I don't stream music, just ask it for Radio Paradise/FIP/6 Music/Radio 4 depending on what I want.

The silvercrest caught my attention as it has RCA and optical out to conncet to a HIFI DAC so could be a very versatile streamer at low cost, many high end streamers have limited licences only to Tidal or qubuz or spotify due to cost/sales volume/ licencing costs (eg CYRUS)
RCA and opto out does sound good.

just a german you tube review and a comment from someone calling it a council Sonos!! Praise Indeed....
It might be worth a punt.

advertisement

Back