advertisement

Let's have a debate, name your Top 3

Gerry and pacesetters
Eruption
Culture club

Gerry and the Pacemakers. Understandable mistake Frankie, you know- for someone in their 30s like you.

24mgnkp.jpg

They seem to have passed a lot of Britain by - much more popular in the rest of the world than they are here.
They remain the only band I've seen more than once live (not counting friend's bands).

They seem to have passed a lot of Britain by - much more popular in the rest of the world than they are here.
They remain the only band I've seen more than once live (not counting friend's bands).
Yes, I 'got' Pixies, Nirvana etc but never really Pearl Jam. The whole grunge thing probably came at a time when I was just starting the working life so the navel gazing angst rang hollow

Beatles obviously.
Then.. perthaps controversially.. Ray Charles. Undoubtedly the greatest, most versatile and virtuoso musician of the 20th C. Consummate singer and pianist in many genres, excellent sax player, etc. Could sing jazz, blues, soul, ballads, rock, country, R&B, Gospel and 'pop'. Peerless

Then take your pick from the assorted lists above and choose Joni... :)

IIUC, this is supposed to be about your vote for the top 3 acts of all time.. I.e., not just your personal favurites.. or those you think make you look 'right on'. :p

..and very far from either universal appeal, longevity, etc...

Who mentioned those prerequisites?

As well as not being a list to make you look "right on" it should also not be a list of bands/artists people don't particularly like, hence me allowing people to choose Steely Dan.

In the interest of creating some chatter on the music section, let's do a list. Top 3 rock/pop acts of all time. the correct answer is as follows but feel free to provide alternatives:

1) Beatles
2) Steely Dan
3) REM

One of which will be argued over more than the others I guess. Oh, The Who are probably the most overrated band around so don't include that one.

Enjoy

Who mentioned those prerequisites?

I think the OP did.. :)

Caravan
Soft Machine
Can

I have been given a ton of Caravan, Soft Machine and Can recently. (along with Gong, Amon Duul, Faust Tangerine Dream etc.)
More listenable than I thought it was going to be, not sure I would buy any of it though. (all on record)

advertisement

Back