Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] LessLoss Echo's End R2R Ladder DAC - 2020 latest version

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by effinity, Feb 1, 2021.

1. effinity

effinity pfm Member

Lovely thing this and sounds a joy, however i've decided to go active and have gone for a pre/dac/network/streamer etc to keep things simple.

Wasn't part of the plan when I keenly bought this from a dealer back in Sept 2020 (supplied new by them in May 2020) but recently an opportunity arose for some rare kit i'd given up on but not forgotten, I was a sitting duck!

Excellent condition all round other than 2-3 fine scratches on the bottom of the unit which are not showing up too well in photos (present when I aquired it back in Sept.)

This is the Echo's End Original latest version with the gold/brass LessLoss logo on the front.

So here we are, $5,342 usd rrp of DAC which I would like £2,250 gbp for via BT or PayPal Friends&Fam.

Original carry/shipping case with further protection of outer boxes for shipping anywhere at cost.

Company info here: https://www.lessloss.com/echos-end-p-218.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Digital inputs
    The unit supports USB, S/PDIF, and AES/EBU digital inputs.

Analogue Outputs
    - 2 Channels Unbalanced (RCA), straight off of the Ladder DAC resistor network at 1.4V RMS. You can even drive many headphones directly.
    - 2 Channels Balanced (XLR), at ~2V RMS. You can drive most any headphone through this output.

Digital formats converted to analogue
    - PCM up to 24/192 kHz
    - DSD 1x and 2x on USB input

Dimensions
    - Width 375 mm
    - Depth 230 mm (add a few mm for the connectors at the back)
    - Height 55 mm

Copied and pasted from the company website for interest:

"The idea behind the name
    Echo's End is where hearing transforms into listening.

With most any DAC, you can hear everything. With Echo's End, you can listen to everything. Echo's End goes well beyond hearing sensation and affords best conditions for listening.

With other DACs, you can hear good things in a technical sense. With Echo's End, you can listen to the best humanity has to offer.

During testing, listening sessions became difficult because we kept losing track of time. After all, we are supposed to be at work here... Never has it been so difficult to peel ourselves from the desire to continue to listen for pleasure alone. It seems all critical faculties melt away and fail. Something else seems to take over, completely. One cannot help but marvel, and continue to marvel. (And no, we will not be held responsible for loss of sleep!)

Echo's End represents a new performance proposition, completely unique in this world. We are way beyond hearing new notes in chords, new subtly revealed accents and minute gestures of expression. We are now listening to and easily comprehending intent, ambient reality, a clear record of past events, to the actual meaning conveyed to the audience. A single historical performance can be described by a thousand critics' reviews, but now we can actually experience what they meant."

clap and szczemirek like this.
  2. Open Door

Open Door No longer an active member

Lovely piece of kit!!

effinity likes this.
  3. effinity

effinity pfm Member

Cheers Rob, I agree :)

4. effinity

effinity pfm Member

Looks apart, sound is sublime, plug in and forget, enjoy the music.

5. effinity

effinity pfm Member

6. effinity

effinity pfm Member

7. Luceo non uro

Luceo non uro pfm Member

This looks beautiful. Currently using a Rega DAC to run an Allo Digione and Apollo CD player. Would this be a good, noticeable upgrade for the Rega DAC? Obviously more expensive, but I do like the Rega’s sound.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  8. effinity

effinity pfm Member

I’m confident it would be, only you can decide.

Luceo non uro likes this.
  9. effinity

effinity pfm Member

Sold subject to payment (Deposit received)

10. effinity

effinity pfm Member

Now SOLD